Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What are your macros? page 6

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoveSleep View Post
    That's mean you eat over 300g of carb (a lot) - a lot of starchy/sugary veg/food eaten ???? - If not, then I wonder how you get that amount of carbs.

And your approx figures are:

f 55g 500 Cal ~ 22%
    p 125g 500 Cal ~ 22%
    c 325g 1300 Cal ~ 56%
    I eat 400g of carbs a day, sometimes more, and? Probably fruit, juices, rice, potatoes, ice cream, etc;
    nihil

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    That's mean you eat over 300g of carb (a lot) - a lot of starchy/sugary veg/food eaten ???? - If not, then I wonder how you get that amount of carbs.

And your approx figures are:

f 55g 500 Cal ~ 22%
    p 125g 500 Cal ~ 22%
    c 325g 1300 Cal ~ 56%
    I get my carbs from mostly rice, sweet potatoes and white potatoes. Sometimes bananas - especially when frozen, kinda like ice cream. I find it pretty easy to get carbs in.

Those macros I posted are just minimums, however; sometimes I feel like eating more bacon or more steak or whatever. I just hit those protein and fat goals and fill the remaining calories with whatever. Just seems easier that way.

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryKiwi47 View Post
    I get my carbs from mostly rice, sweet potatoes and white potatoes. Sometimes bananas - especially when frozen, kinda like ice cream. I find it pretty easy to get carbs in.

Those macros I posted are just minimums, however; sometimes I feel like eating more bacon or more steak or whatever. I just hit those protein and fat goals and fill the remaining calories with whatever. Just seems easier that way.
    Yep, I'm guessing you'd need be very active - my level activity would mean I wouldn't burn it off.
    I eat a lot of veg, some fruit, some nuts, no added sugars, near zero starchy foods - I'm nowhere near 300g - it suits me.

I am just coming back to Primal after falling off the wagon majorly so right now I've been eating very low carbs and quite a bit of protein in order to gain some lean muscle and speed up the loss of fat (its been working well!).
    So for this week and the next week I'm shooting at an average of 65%f/25%p/10%c

Sometimes I only get 20g or 30g of carbs but then other times I get 60g but it balances out over the week.
    This isn't going to be a long term strategy though after probably 2.5 weeks of this I'll increase my carb intake back up to about 75-115g per day which is where I maintain best whilst still reducing body fat.

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Yep, I'm guessing you'd need be very active - my level activity would mean I wouldn't burn it off.
    I eat a lot of veg, some fruit, some nuts, no added sugars, near zero starchy foods - I'm nowhere near 300g - it suits me.
    Maybe. Have to disagree, though. I'm lazy as hell.

Typical routine is 4x a week lifting for one hour tops, then sit around all day eating chocolate, drinking coffee and playing video games in order to procrastinate actually Uni assignments ;D
    What suits you doesn't seem too bad. I could maybe do that, should my love of chocolate die (so probably never)... but I would rather eat starches over fruit. IMHO they taste better - sweet potato fries are a lot more satifying and satiating than, say, and apple.

AureliaWaterman is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    dont get pretained towards such things everytime as that would cause you a patient of cholestrol and high blood pressure
    Last edited by AureliaWaterman; 05-21-2013 at 12:33 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456