Thread: Should I Start CrossFit Again? page

smalot is offline Member

Should I Start CrossFit Again?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ok guys so I tried Crossfit about 3 months ago. At the time I was 101kg and I was constantly sore. I didn't improve my eating and didn't really drop any weight. All that was happening was I would go slog my guts out, be really sore for the next 2 day and then do it all over again. When I say sore I couldn't even bend my legs to sit down.

Ok so I did this for 6 weeks and ended up quitting. So the situation now is I have dropped down to 94kg eating paleo and I want to start exercise again.

Should I give CrossFit another go? Or should I exercise by myself and work up to crossfit?

Cheers
    Doing my 30 day paleo challenge right now
    www.everydaypaleosolution.com

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Id give it another go, maybe less times per week till you lose more.
    Its awesome. I loved and will do it again when I lose more weight.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Definitely give it another go. I found I got much better and faster at Crossfit as I lost weight. But as with anything... you might just not like it. And that's okay. If you just plain don't like it, find something you DO like, because that's going to be the best bet for getting and staying fit.

Quote Originally Posted by smalot View Post
    All that was happening was I would go slog my guts out, be really sore for the next 2 day and then do it all over again.
    Sounds like you didn't really enjoy it. There are other ways to workout and get fit that do not involve Crossfit.
    Get a gym membership and start using one of the many lifting programs available (Starting Strength, for example).
    Or hire a trainer to modify exercises/lifts to your skill level and to help you develop a plan based on your specific goals/needs.
    Find some circuit drills on the internet (or use the WODs from the Crossfit page) and do them at your own pace.
    Why don't you try exploring those options?

.Manny is offline Junior Member
    The question is, did you enjoy it back then, and do you think you will enjoy it now? It could be that Crossfit is not your cup of tea.

You will have more success if you do workouts you enjoy, as opposed to something you need to psyche yourself up every time to go for.

smalot is offline Member
    Thanks for the advice guys. Thinking about it I am probably trying to make myself like it. I am attracted to it because it is so inter connected with paleo/primal.

I think I will explore some other options and see what fits best for me.

Thanks again

Smartass99 is offline Junior Member
    Smalot... Perhaps you'd like to try the "anti"? Jim Wendler has a system called 5/3/1, and it's pretty amazing. It is a powerlifting type routine, but can easily be adapted to athletes if that's your thing. Includes lots of exercises to make you ridiculously strong (if you do your due diligence ), and includes provisions for adding sprinting and/or circuits, complexes or what have you.

Just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by smalot View Post
    Thanks for the advice guys. Thinking about it I am probably trying to make myself like it. I am attracted to it because it is so inter connected with paleo/primal.
    Eh, there was primal/paleo (or some variation thereof) before there was Crossfit. Crossfit became mainstream and now primal/paleo is becoming mainstream because of it. But there are many of us who eat this way that have never set foot in a Crossfit "box." Myself included.

Find YOUR bliss. Whatever that may be.

Keep us updated!

smalot is offline Member
    Will be sure to keep you updated. Thanks again for the suggestions.

Cheers

chetnvok is offline Junior Member
    i think so,I am attracted to it because it is so inter connected with paleo/primal. i agree with you,thanks