Thread: Carpet bag anyone?

Carpet bag anyone?

Shop Now
    i have a whole stack of shucked oysters in my fridge. i have been eating them raw but i wanted to experiment with carpet bagging some form of meat or fish. i've had carpet bag moki which was really nice and i am planning on carpet bagging some venison tomorrow. if i have defrosted the steaks not the stirfry as the bags are not labelled lol so does anyone made carpetbag with oysters? all the recipes i find talk about warming the oysters not cooking them. any tips?

I had to look it up because I've never heard of it. Oysters and steak - my taste buds are dancing.

This recipe Carpet Bag Steak recipe 5 Star looks awesome, and leaving out the English Muffin on the bottom would only make it more awesome.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Big Bluff Oyster Carpet Bag Steak this one looked better to me. i dont have brandy and once i start putting bourbon in stuff it gets ugly! i cant find any fish recipes but i would guess it would need to be a fish you didnt have to overcook. i have once too had squid tubes stuffed with brill and oysters with cheese sauce so i can try that too. lots of oysters to get thru altho i may just eat them raw instead.

Seas - you know what they say about oysters......................... how are you gonna deal with that !!!!!!!!.......... actually I am blocking my ears !!!!!!! LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

lmfao G. i so am not divulging on the net. the world is full of men tho. we always have choices

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    Big Bluff Oyster Carpet Bag Steak this one looked better to me. i dont have brandy and once i start putting bourbon in stuff it gets ugly! i cant find any fish recipes but i would guess it would need to be a fish you didnt have to overcook. i have once too had squid tubes stuffed with brill and oysters with cheese sauce so i can try that too. lots of oysters to get thru altho i may just eat them raw instead.
    Yep, awesome-er!

Bourbon and oysters will have Gwamma reeling.

My grandmother used to keep clam and oyster shells stashed away. I'm thinking of doing something like that so that when I buy shucked, I can make broiled oysters (a gazillion variations).
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-10-2013 at 05:34 AM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

My grandmother used to keep clam and oyster shells stashed away. I'm thinking of doing something like that so that when I buy shucked, I can make broiled oysters (a gazillion variations).
    i will save some of the bigger shells next time. gonna have raw oysters with my guacamole at lunch time. then carpetbag some venison for dinner. i guess i could also just make a venison tartare sorta dish and put raw oysters in it too.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Yep, awesome-er!

Bourbon and oysters will have Gwamma reeling.
    Joanie - you have NO IDEA !!!!!!!!! LOL

Gwamma can be quite a cheap drunk !!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....