Thread: Sorta random question page

ulnauy is offline Member

Sorta random question

Primal Fuel
    Where can I buy dress shirts that fit me (14.5 neck, 40 chest, 29 waist)? I've looked in almost every store and am kind of frustrated. "Slim fit" or "athletic fit" shirts are usually something like 15.5 neck, 40 chest, 34 waist and make me look like I don't know how to tuck in my shirt properly.

I can't afford real custom tailoring at the moment. I'm skeptical of those made-to-fit online ventures after my friend had two poor experiences from two different companies.

Is there an affordable (<$50 a shirt) solution?

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Do Express shirts fit you? Geek has a similar issue and theirs fit him perfectly.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    buy the closest that fits and have it altered. that's what we have to do for DH.

Now, we go to a shop where alterations are included, and they also have three kinds of styles: duck, dog, and fish. DH buys in the dog label because it's the athletic fit. Then, they include the alterations with the purchase. It's *great* for him. But he did pay $98 for a pair of jeans.

Anyway, most dry cleaners have people who do alterations and it's relatively low cost. Might add $5-6/per garment to the price, but it's worth it if it fits.

ulnauy is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Do Express shirts fit you? Geek has a similar issue and theirs fit him perfectly.
    Haven't checked them out, thanks for the tip. The models on the website do look like my body type.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    buy the closest that fits and have it altered. that's what we have to do for DH.

Now, we go to a shop where alterations are included, and they also have three kinds of styles: duck, dog, and fish. DH buys in the dog label because it's the athletic fit. Then, they include the alterations with the purchase. It's *great* for him. But he did pay $98 for a pair of jeans.

Anyway, most dry cleaners have people who do alterations and it's relatively low cost. Might add $5-6/per garment to the price, but it's worth it if it fits.
    I wonder what kind of fit the Duck and Fish styles are, must be a New Zealand thing I'm not certain but I think alterations at dry cleaners are more expensive here in the states, at least where I'm living at the moment.