Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok guys, can't get above 900 calories page

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member

Ok guys, can't get above 900 calories

Shop Now
    Um, seriously, I need guidance. Tomorrow is day 10. I cannot get to even 1000 calories per day. Why? I'm not hungry. I wake up, not hungry- drink coffee. Get hungry between 10-11am. I eagerly eat. Always a salad. (can't get enough greens.) I usually put 2 big handfuls on mixed greens, (typically spinach, kale, chard, lettuce) tomatoes, sunflower seeds and a serving of meat. 4-6oz. First few days, I ate a normal amount. Even started the day with eggs and bacon. But the last 5 days I can't even finish this salad. Get about half way through and I'm full. Don't get hungry again until around 7-8 pm. I usually just cook some meat.

I don't know what's going on here. Never in my life have I never been able to eat enough, but this is just freaking me out.

My fit pal says I should be eating around 2000 calories for my weight/height ratio. And that's to lose 2lbs per week. All I can say is.... what. the. hell.

Oh, today I got desperate and did a melted coconut oil shot. Um. No. Not the taste, but it hit my stomach like a rock.

notlupus is offline Senior Member
    Cut down the coffee. Caffeine is an appetite suppressant.

catdance62 is offline Senior Member
    are you working out a lot? When I train too hard I don't eat enough and I can't sleep.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Don't worry about it. If you are losing weight, your body is making up the calories with body fat. If you are afraid you'll waste away to nothing, don't worry. You'll get hungry soon enough. You'll see.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Don't worry about it. If you are losing weight, your body is making up the calories with body fat. If you are afraid you'll waste away to nothing, don't worry. You'll get hungry soon enough. You'll see.
    Exactly this.
    There are a lot around here who believe in the starvation mode thing, but if you aren't hungry, no point in making yourself eat more.
    I have the same issue.

No, I'm not working out at all. Too cold to be outside.

So, I should just ride it out? But, wait a minute. . . Won't eating so few calories eventually screw me over by sending my body into "starvation mode"

Thursday was the beginning of my second week. Hadn't weighed at all. Finally decided to. Great. I weighed today and the scale reflects 5 lbs lost. Normally I would think "oh, it's just water." But I was strict primal for an entire week before this. Typically my water weight is out the door in a week. Ah hell, I don't know.

Ayla, I think you and I posted at the same time. I've been seriously stressing over this because I am afraid of sabotaging myself. A woman I know who is paleo suggested I just push myself to eat. I can't I seriously will throw up.

Alright. I feel better now. I'm just going to let things go as they are. Thank you.

How do you feel?

Zach is offline Banned
    How much fat do you have to lose? Also i assume your a woman?

If you feel 100% better, and not tired or weak, then I wouldn't worry.
    Do you have a lot to lose though? I guess if you are a normal weight, and are losing fast, then you should worry.

I am not losing super fast, even though I have weight to lose, but do feel 100% awesome each day. The weight loss will come, I know that.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast