Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ok guys, can't get above 900 calories page 5

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Use a nutrition tracker like paleotrack.com and try not to go under 50 carbs ever, for now. But that's really easy to do. By seeing the numbers I hope you will feel better about staying on PB.
    Yes this if tracking doesn't send you crazy though. Some can do it OK
    Last edited by Ayla2010; 02-09-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    No, I'm not going anywhere. I feel good doing this. And hold up. You're saying I shouldn't be UNDER 50g carbs? But... I need to lose weight... not maintain.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Not frustrated a bit. You are new so you dont know the dynamic but if you search my posts you will notice a pattern of a select few who have to try and trash me at every opportunity, most of the time when i am not even responding to that person. I dont mind it, i have had to clear my PM's multiple times from talking with so many people that i have helped or are interested. The only reason i am here is to help a select few that need help and are willing to be open minded. I dont post in every thread that praises fat and give my opinion.

You asked for help and i gave my honest and knowledgable opinion on what will happen if you continue down your path.

You said above that if im not primal then i must believe in conventional wisdom. That couldnt be further from the truth.
    You can't say will. I think you mean MIGHT. Possibly, potentially, or even maybe NOT

Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    No, I'm not going anywhere. I feel good doing this. And hold up. You're saying I shouldn't be UNDER 50g carbs? But... I need to lose weight... not maintain.
    Yeah the book suggests under 50g for faster weight loss/ketosis, but he calls 50-100 g effortless weight loss. But if you feel fine at under 50g then leave it at that.
    There is a whole thread dedicated to people who are eating vlc and higher fat, and all feel awesome and are having great results.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Welcome, Gladmorning. You'll get lots of advice here, lol.

Early on in my weight loss, I was pretty comfortable at 1000-1200 cal/day. Based on how fast the weight was coming off, I was burning 1000 cal/day in body fat. At the time I hadn't cut processed foods out of my diet, so maybe 60% of my consumed calories were carbs. (Even now I'm rarely below 110g carbs/day.) I think if you're carrying a lot of excess fat and you're able to burn it, you're in a great place, because it suggests there isn't anything seriously wrong with your metabolism.

As you get smaller, you may find that the weight loss slows and you get hungrier. Do not panic! You haven't done something terrible to your metabolism. It's perfectly healthy for a body to try to preserve remaining fat stores as they get smaller and smaller. Play around with your macros, play around with intermittent fasting, increase your food consumption, trust yourself to find your own sweet spot. I cannot stress enough that nobody is going to be smarter about knowing what works for you than you will be. And be patient.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Day 10 isn't too far in. I think a lot of people feel a diminished appetite when they stop eating a carb-based diet. While Primal isn't necessarily low-carb, it's lower than a lot of people were taught to eat.

If you have weight to lose, your body has adipose tissue on which to draw for energy.

Also, imo: beware the sugar pushers! They're nuttier than the proverbial fruitcake.

Good luck!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a fat hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the last two posts. Very uplifting...

Cryptocode- THANK YOU for sending me to paleotrack. Oh my it's made this keeping track of macros business so much easier. I was aiming for 5-25-70 c-p-f. Yesterday it said I was 3-18-80. Hm. This will definitely help me get it ironed out.

Wanna know a good thing? I woke up this morning and I felt my stomach growl within an hour. I can't believe I'm happy about this! ha!
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Avoid:
    -coffee
    -high-sucrose food

Limit:
    -high-fructose food
    -heavy starches (eat them in small portions)

That can help develop a greater appetite.

If you do dairy, add double cream to yoghurt.
    Snack on nuts, avocados and bananas.
    Fry your veg as often as possible.
    Eat the fat on your meat, even if you must have 1g/fat per 20g/meat to get yourself to eat it.
    Do weighted walking. It really makes you hungry.
    Fast for 24h and then let yourself binge. Don't repeat, but that CAN help your stomach welcome extra food if it's shrunk at all.

Once you've got to 1400kcal/day, stop worrying and let it climb up of its own accord. But I'd say 1300-1500 is a minimum for any adult.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345