Thread: Kobe Bryant goes (pretty much) paleo/primal page

Mike in Virginia is online now Senior Member

Kobe Bryant goes (pretty much) paleo/primal

Shop Now
    Kobe is one of the all-time greats of the NBA. At age 34, he has discovered new vitality:

"During the month of December, the Lakers shooting guard recorded at least 30 points in 12 of 14 games, including a stretch of 10 straight. He also became the first player in NBA history to score 30 or more points in six consecutive contests after turning 34 years of age.

"'The guy is beating Father Time,' Utah coach Tyrone Corbin stated before the Lakers hosted the Jazz in early December. 'It seems like, if it's possible, he's continuing to get better.'

"Bryant finished the final month of the 2012 calendar year with averages of 33.79 points, 5.57 rebounds and 4.64 assists, all-time highs in each category for any month during his entire career. That streak also coincided with 10 straight games of 40-plus minutes."

Here's how:

"LA Lakers trainer Gary Vitti says that the staples of Kobe’s diet include pasture based foods like grassfed beef and eggs from free-range chickens. Kobe makes every effort to avoid anything with corn syrup and his carbohydrate consumption has been scaled down to a very moderate level.

"Focusing on getting traditional fats into his diet and the wrong fats out is of prime importance to Kobe. Vitti described the dangers of following a lowfat diet and why Kobe is not following the USDA Food Pyramid – in fact, he’s following the inverse."

Contrast of Kobe's diet and Ashton Kutcher's: Kobe Bryant Defies Father Time Using Traditional Diet (While Ashton Kutcher Ends Up in the Hospital Ignoring It)

Discussion of Kobe's recent performance on the court (need to scroll down quite a ways): 2012-13 Fit For Life Features | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    Not a big fan of Kobe's or the Lakers, but I'm glad to see he's doing this. If more celebs/famous folks would do this Primal might just catch fire and when people actually find out it works, then it's be almost unstoppable.

But I doubt that'll ever happen. Still, an interesting find.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Virginia View Post
    "Focusing on getting traditional fats into his diet and the wrong fats out is of prime importance to Kobe. Vitti described the dangers of following a lowfat diet and why Kobe is not following the USDA Food Pyramid – in fact, he’s following the inverse."
    That's funny because recently a friend asked me to explain Primal briefly. I told him to take everything the govt has advised about food intake in the last 30 years and do the opposite.

Go Kobe!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite