Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It Worked! Ha Ha Ha! Ho Ho Ho! It Worked page

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member

Arrow It Worked! Ha Ha Ha! Ho Ho Ho! It Worked

It's now 5 days with no Constipation and no signs of it; no gas, and no bloating. ALL my goals for PB have been accomplished. SUCCESS!

Here were my problems and the length of time to cure on PB:
    1. Vomiting and the tendency or desire to vomit was gone in 2 days. (GERD)
    2. The heavy gastric production of mucus which caused drooling in sleep was gone in 1 week
    3. The IBS gas and water bloating was 90% gone in 2 weeks. (IBS)
    4. At 3 weeks I began taking Milk of Magnesia every other day instead of every day.
    5. At 4 weeks the ability to control urine outflow returned (I'd been afraid I'd have to wear diapers.)
    6. After 5 weeks my completely dead bowel began working again. Peristalsis returned.
    7. At 6 weeks I began taking Vits. D3 and C (mainly to prevent hair loss) and Magnesium Citrate (800 mg) to soften my stools.
    8. At 7 weeks I bought Mark's Damage Control Package (vitamins and minerals). I'd already been taking prebiotics and probiotics, etc.

At 8 weeks I stopped all dairy except butter.
    One and a half weeks ago I upped the Mg to 1600 mg, 3 days ago I dropped to 1200 mg.

At almost 3 months, no gas, no bloating, and NO constipation. For those who want a laugh, I now carefully inspect my poop visually, and compare with the chart. Even with internal hemroids, mine are perfect. He He He!

What took so long on the constipation was the Green tea. Many people had been talking about how great it was, and it turned out that I prefered the taste of it to water, so I drank about 60 oz a day. Now Tea may not be a diuretic at 1 - 2 cups / day (about 7 fl. oz) but at 60 fl. oz it ranks with the world's greated diuretics, and that's bad for constipation. So, no more Tea for me. 1 cup of coffee in the morning only.

Hurray! Hurray! Hurray! Hurray! Hurray!

Next week I'll have the final test of Phase 1 PB - Cholesterol tests. Pray for me please. (I've decided not to carb load.)

For the last 6 years my doctors and their Cholesterol Clinic have been on me like glue, which resulted in creating all sorts of additional health problems. Six years ago, before they started, my Total Cholesterol was 535 and they went into panic mode. My most recent test, before PB, my TC was 253 and that was after taking 2000 mg Niacin / day for 3 years. Now Niacin can combat all the Cholesterol I eat, but none of the Cholesterol that my body produces. I ditched the Niacin before I started PB. This will be a pure test of my PB status, and I'm a little scared.

Maybe scared, but a truly life long converted PBer.

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    Excellent news!

Out of interest, what had you been advised to eat before you started switching to the PB?
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

I'd had no advice on eating at all. I've been advised into trying each and every statin until I proved allergic to it, (every one of them), several other cholersterol medicines,which were ineffective, and so many I can't remember their names, and zetia - the killer. My impetus to start PB came from realizing that zetia was destroying my muscle tissue to the point that I couldn't stand up without support.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Interesting note on the tea. I have been drinking more of it for the past few weeks, at least. I've been chronically constipated for the past 5 months, using Vitamin C with magnesium & potassium to keep things moving. Unfortunately, PB hasn't been a cure for me, because I've been eating this way for over a year and a half. I have no idea why things sudden stopped!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Best wishes, C-code, and good luck! Congrats on the nothing less than major victories, and here's to more to come!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    CTC - you are a legend.................. good luck with the tests, and keep us posted

woop woop
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations, It is good that you are feeling so much better!
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Interesting note on the tea. I have been drinking more of it for the past few weeks, at least. I've been chronically constipated for the past 5 months, using Vitamin C with magnesium & potassium to keep things moving. Unfortunately, PB hasn't been a cure for me, because I've been eating this way for over a year and a half. I have no idea why things sudden stopped!
    Ugh! I'm sorry. Maybe my success won't last, I might have spoken too soon. But I'm so determined at PB and I so much want not to be the way I'd been before. A year and a half is surely plenty of time for a trial. Have you been to a G.I. man, did he have any suggestions at all?

Thank you Terry, I sure hope the victories continue. At 75, eating CW all my life, and paying little attention to my body or what I ate, this is a whopping change for me, and I'm certinaly late to get to it. I have another list of problems that the doctors consider much more serious. They don't think the first list is much at all, just 'normal' aging. But that first list caused years of pain and suffering, pretty seriously. The second list doesn't yet bother me much at all.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thank you Gwamma, I sure will. I'll report my cholesterol numbers when I get them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast