Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other women who put on muscle ridiculously easily? page 8

happybunny is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Not super surprised, but still somewhat surprised But I guess it goes both ways. Women are so used to men's expectations about what they should look like that guys like you get caught in the crossfire. Glad that you keep on coming back regardless

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I think a lot of what the other person (male or female) perceives as gorgeousness is when the spirit and body are in harmony. If a woman feels that she is a waif or Diana trapped in a body of a Titian-ic proportions, it shows. Changing body is easier than changing soul, but one needs to know one's soul to understand that she is working towards the right outer shell to showcase her self to the world, not armor herself against it (that as easily can be 'he'). Body gotta liberate the soul, rather than trap it....

Gods, drifting again, ain't I? Sorry!

EDIT: can't resist to comment that in my dreams (after browsing article 1) the ideal of beauty lies with African women. That skin, that hair, those bodies, OMG.
    Last edited by Leida; 02-14-2013 at 08:59 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    That's a very profound thought Leida! I think I may borrow that and add it to my own personal definition of what I find attractive: "when a person's soul is in harmony with their body". I like people who work hard, are strong in mind and body (among other things). This is why I like people who look the part as well!
    ad astra per aspera

murf73 is offline Senior Member
    This is such an interesting thread! I don't fit the category though. But man, I wish I coul gain muscle easy! I am 5'5" 133 lbs and "soft" looking. I'm not very strong at all. But I totally agree that BMI is bull. Keep strong, primal ladies!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I think a lot of what the other person (male or female) perceives as gorgeousness is when the spirit and body are in harmony. If a woman feels that she is a waif or Diana trapped in a body of a Titian-ic proportions, it shows. Changing body is easier than changing soul, but one needs to know one's soul to understand that she is working towards the right outer shell to showcase her self to the world, not armor herself against it (that as easily can be 'he'). Body gotta liberate the soul, rather than trap it....
    So beautiful Leida. I totally know what you mean. When someone inner and outer being are in harmony they carry themselves with grace. The body should just be a mirror.

Love your posts.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Question: Someone like Christmas is narrow, but has amazing muscles, yet they probably aren't very heavy, right? Some people on this forum (ie. Kharnath) only seem to view muscle in terms of its weight. SO where does that leave Christmas? (my new role model )
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Question: Someone like Christmas is narrow, but has amazing muscles, yet they probably aren't very heavy, right? Some people on this forum (ie. Kharnath) only seem to view muscle in terms of its weight. SO where does that leave Christmas? (my new role model )
    i think that is down to genetics as well.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happybunny View Post

To reference the articles specifically, I think it might be fair to say that many of the women posting in this thread have come to the conclusion, based on experience, that they have the genetic potential to look like Stacie Tovar.
    I looked Stacie up & showed her picture to my hubby. He says yes, if I were to loose the extra fat, (and probably some weight training) that he thinks I would be built very much like that ( & I wasent that far off before I put on weight over the years)

I had a friend years ago that is the same height I am (5' 9.5"ish) that is very muscular but its the long lean "dancers body" muscular with a fine bone structure (her arms were also several inches longer than mine). she will never look "muscular" like I tend to and at the same height as me she looked great at around 125-130lbs whereas I looked best around 175 with a heavy bone structure and a lot more obvious muscle. I would never, no matter what I did, look lean like she does & would make myself very sick trying to get down to that weight. As for actually strength, despite the fact that she did pro level ballet (which is a lot more intensive then people think) I was physically much stronger than her. In fact her big brother wouldn't arm wrestle me any more cause I smashed him in the dust LOL

Regarding bone structure, her wrist measured 6" around compared to mine that measure a touch over 7". (no fat over wrist) there is a very definite difference in actual bone structure between us.

Working on getting back to that level of fitness but while I have no trouble putting on muscle/getting stronger. loosing the fat is slower going...
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i think that is down to genetics as well.
    That wasn't my question. I meant - some people only regard muscles in terms of how much they weight, lb per lb. When someone small framed, like Christmas, puts on significant muscle mass for their bone structure, their muscles are still never going to weigh anything close to Stacie's. So, are they regarded as having less muscle, because lb for lb, their muscles are lighter? Or is the body type taken into consideration?

- Ray Peat

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    sorry i was not being very clear. body type should be taken into consideration as you have a power/muscle size to weight ratio. or that is my personal opinion. i guess it would also depend on what you are considering the muscle for. lifting ability or physical appearance too?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast