Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other women who put on muscle ridiculously easily? page 3

happybunny is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    "Skeletal muscle" - now there's a concept! I was referring to the muscles made out of clouds and fairy dust...
    Darn it! Here I was hoping that you were talking about android muscle composed of nanomachines that give you superhuman strength! Fairy dust muscles, even if they help you fly to Neverland, just aren't as impressive. And the sparkle really makes it difficult to take them seriously.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnath View Post

Where do you girls rank on those lists? Advanced? Elite? No, probably not. In fact, I bet you struggle to fit into the untrained category.
    I dont go to the gym any more but when I used to, I was usually pressing more weight than 90% of the men there.
    & picking up a 100lb dog thats wiggling around is nothing like picking up 100lb unresisting barbell

I never claimed to be lean/low body fat. but even when I get down to optimal weight for me, its still going to be over what BMI says I should be because yes.. it is possible to be heavy boned & muscular as a woman. my wrist measure 7" around even though they look & feel boney, My calves measure 18.5' even though there's very lil fat on them. (& approx 50 lbs weight loss has made no difference to my calves).

My butt is another matter though....
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Cant take anything that "sparkles" seriosly
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

Hey now, I had some sparkle hoof polish when I was a kid! All sparkles are not created equal

All I can say is....sparkly vampires... so not scary

Kharnath is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    "Skeletal muscle" - now there's a concept! I was referring to the muscles made out of clouds and fairy dust...
    Maybe those are the muscles the original poster was referring too as well, and if that's the case then I apologize. I've met many people both online and in real life who have added slabs of imaginary muscle to their frames.

Maybe those are the muscles the original poster was referring too as well, and if that's the case then I apologize. I've met many people both online and in real life who have added slabs of imaginary muscle to their frames.
    You don't particularly seem to be responding to what these other ladies are saying in their posts about their own stats. If it will make you feel better, you can preface your responses with, "If you aren't lying," or "assuming you're not actually a 450 lb. behemoth who needs 200 lbs of lean mass just to get out of bed." Also, I think that I have been very charitable in my responses, giving you additional information when you "request" it and directly responding to your criticisms. If you have a reasonable alternate interpretation of my experiences, please share. I didn't join this site to lie to strangers - I get my self-esteem in the real world, thankfully (though the sociopath in me finds the "Münchausen by internet" phenomenon quite interesting).

But regardless, thank you for making this thread so much more active and entertaining than it would have been without you.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happybunny View Post
    But regardless, thank you for making this thread so much more active and entertaining than it would have been without you.
    He's good at that. If I see his name pop up on the forum I often check out his contribution to a topic. It's invariably cynical and somewhat bitter... lol. But he does know his stuff. I think it's just the sharp tongued Danish thing.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 02-10-2013 at 10:05 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    I hear you! I was a soccer player in college. Nearly all of us had the issue of thighs being so big that we couldn't find jeans to fit them and our waist. I lost a lot of that muscle mass while on bed rest during my first pregnancy. And I'm still trying to lose the baby weight. But, I know that I'll likely never get into a normal BMI because I just have too much muscle. Even with all this extra fat I can deadlift 155 5 times and am squatting and benching 110+ 3 sets of 5. Looking forward to getting rid of the fat around my middle when I have more days each week to lift.
    Makeyourownjeans.com, Custom Jeans | Designer Jeans <-- this may help
    I have always fit into the upper range of healthy BMI. If I ever find that I've moved over the upper limit and am still my same size, then I will tell my Dr. about the weight lifting, maybe deadlift the patient table or something.

Quote Originally Posted by happybunny View Post
    Isn't he, though? Seems like he was confused about his gender, too :P

19%! Impressive. This might sound a little weird, but I wish some of you had hormone levels to see if our small sample size shows a correlation between testosterone and ease of gaining muscle.
    I was once prescribed testosterone cream because my doctor thought I probably had a deficit of testosterone. I still have the same symptoms as I had back then so perhaps I still have low T. I never got tested, though, and the cream didn't help (nor was it covered.)

I can do better:

Strength standards for men and women

Where do you girls rank on those lists? Advanced? Elite? No, probably not. In fact, I bet you struggle to fit into the untrained category. That's because you're not strong and muscular. You're just big. And you're delusional if you think you can put on lean body mass ridiculously easily, when males - with vastly superior testosterone levels and training intensity - are barely able to put on any muscle without gaining at least some amount of bodyfat in the process.

Let the flaming commence.

(by the way, I tend to get very "big boned" and "muscular" around my hips and ass during the winter)
    I've only just started lifting and I answered the question not based on thinking "wow, am I ripped" but based on the common belief that it's really hard for women to gain muscle. I can see and feel and use the added muscle I have. It has not been difficult. It only requires I lift more weight every time I lift and that I eat a buttload of protein. The result has simply been no added waist fat, larger thighs, firmer arms, visible muscle where before it was non-existent and more real strength (my boyfriend can't get over how strong I am for trail maintenance now.)

Anyway, it's not impressive. I'm almost 48 years old and I started as a completely deconditioned ordinary older woman and I am still in my novice linear programming phase. I've only just worked out the proper programming and eating to make my progress reliable.
    Press: Just shy of novice (+ 37.5lbs since I started)
    Bench press: Untrained (+ 42.5)
    Squat: Novice (+ 87.5)
    Deadlift: Novice (+ 105)
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    Holy sh*t, what on earth has that guy been through recently to cause him to froth vehemently like that? Wow.

Happybunny: My little sister constantly complains about the same problem. She's not primal by any stretch of the imagination, and, though once a competitive cheerleader, she hasn't worked out for nearly 6 years and still maintains an eight-pack and "man arms" (her words), much to her chagrin. CHAGRIN!!! I balk! She can't find jeans to fit her incredibly strong legs and still find her tiny waist on her almost 6" frame. She's a blonde model who does rep work for the Dallas Cowboys. And she's all about the frito-pie and pizza. Her favorite foods are grilled cheese and fried rice.

Sooooo... I think that you are not alone in your 'problem!'

I can only imagine what she'd be like if primal. I feel happy for you that you are! It is also worth noting that my little sister is a wonderful person and I do love her very much. She's very genuine and playful, and I respect that. But, coming from the 5'4" older sister who always strives for athleticism, there is a fair amount of "holy crap!"

(I don't know that I mentioned much that directly answers what you're asking!)
    Little Saiyan

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast