Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: But I don't LIKE meat fat! page 3

carolorrell is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Virgin unrefined coconut oil is awesome as a tablespoon in my large coffee cup in the morning!

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    I just put CO in my tea. UMMMMM made it feel weird in my mouth. Didn't effect the taste. I will say, though, that my lips were nice and soft afterward. I only did it to boost my calories for the day. And fat.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    But I don't LIKE meat fat!
    fine, but you're not getting up from this table until you eat your peas!

also

you don't have to eat it.

also

beef grease is so not my thing
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I think I don't like it, but then I cook it and once it's on my plate and I bite it, I LOVE it. Sort of like getting in the bathtub. You run and cry and hide but once Mom plops you in and gives you the floaty toys it's heaven.

Butt volcano only until you can digest fat efficiently. Then normal stools no matter how much fat you eat.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Straight fat is gross by itself. It's a flavor enhancer like spices or sugar, which no one really like on their own. The possible exeption is coconut butter which doesn't taste too bad on it's own. I would waste it on the calories though. A piece of real food for the same amount of calories is much better taste, nutrition and satiety.
    Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 02-10-2013 at 12:31 AM.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I don't like a gooey blob of fat but I do like a nice crispy piece of fat, particularly pork.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    No you aren't the only one. I wonder if some of it is the texture because I don't mind in fatty nuts like macadamia nuts, or in cheese (Yeah I know, bad paleo). However, meat fat and straight fat. UGH!
    I hate chicken skin. The chewy fat parts of beef I have to force myself to swallow and don't always succeed.
    I hear people talking about eating cocanut oil by the spoonful. I tried it once and could not get it down. I was very grossed out by how it coated the inside of my mouth.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I treat fat as a flavour enhancer for the protein and vegetables that are the core of the meal.

Cold fat isn't that appetising to me though.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Um hello? Anyone else out there that doesn't get all slobbery over a chunk of meat fat? Honestly, this is going to sound mean, but DONT take it that way . . . when I see ya'll talking about eating straight fat I get repulsed. NOT because you are eating it and enjoying it, but because I picture myself eating it and I hate the taste and texture of animal fat. I'm talking about the big thick pieces of fat on the side of a steak- not the marbling on the inside of a roast. I tried to eat a piece today and almost yacked. Ugh.
    I don't like fatty meat, either. Large chunks of suet gross me out. The gelatinous texture turns me off, and what drives me nuts is when people say fat has FLAVOR. Hello? Has anyone actually tasted rendered fat? It is nearly flavorless. Fat is a carrier for flavor - you cook herbs and spices in fat because it is neutral and the flavors adhere to it.

I love NY strip, I love ribeye, I love filet mignon, I love hanger steak. However, I trim them up pretty well before I eat them.

There is nothing that says you have to eat fatty hunks of meat to be Primal. You will do fine eating leaner meats that you enjoy. You'll actually do better because:

1.) You'll enjoy the diet more eating what you'd like, meaning you'll adhere better.
    2.) You'll lose weight faster because you'll have to burn through less dietary fat to tap into your fat stores.

If you're still hungry, simply enjoy more fruits, vegetables, roots and tubers. Done!
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    As an addendum, the funny thing is this seems to apply only to meat fat like you stated. Fatty things like dark chocolate, avocados, whole milk, cheese/yogurt and nut butters where the fat is homogenized throughout...oh man. Delicious. I mean is there ANYTHING ON EARTH better than dark chocolate melted with cream cheese and nut butter? Take cream cheese, hazelnuts, dark chocolate....think of a dark chocolate nutella cheesecake. I MEAN COME ON. You'd have to be inhuman to not like that.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast