Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: But I don't LIKE meat fat! page 2

Owen is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I like fatty cuts of meat such as steak flank slow cooked or crispy bacon, but I'm the same I wouldn't eat a mouthful of steak or pork fat either - unless its pork crackling from a roast

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    I thought we were supposed to eat lean meats. The fat parts I used for cooking, braising, etc. On the other hand, I love fatty and oily fish. There's pleanty of good fats to be had. I feel like the lady in the old song with the line "and the greese ran down her chin, oh". And I feel great.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    I thought we were supposed to eat lean meats. The fat parts I used for cooking, braising, etc. On the other hand, I love fatty and oily fish. There's pleanty of good fats to be had. I feel like the lady in the old song with the line "and the greese ran down her chin, oh". And I feel great.
    No, not unless they are not grass fed.

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    Depends on how well it's been cooked. If it's soft and unctuous in the middle, it's fine as. If it's chewy in any way, I don't find it palatable at all.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

peril is offline Senior Member
    Were you stamping your feet when you typed that?
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Was I stamping my feet? Maybe a little. I love bacon. I make it in the oven so there are no "fatty ends" left uncooked. I will eat the little strips of fat from the side of a pork chop. I do no have access to grass fed meats until my own beef on the hoof becomes old enough (this december, I may actually welcome the cold. this year cold=my own farm raised beef) So I guess it's a good thing that I don't mow down the fat.

Today I took a "shot" of melted coconut oil trying to boost my fat intake. Um... hm... no taste really, WEIRD feeling and hit my stomach like a damn brick. Probably won't do that again.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Yeah, unless it's all crisped up or something, forget it.

Chicken wing skin = delicious, but wobbly steak or pork fat,
    forget it.
    Can't stand my bacon too wobbly either.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

notlupus is offline Senior Member
    Nope, don't like bacon. Cut the big side chunks of fat off of a steak. Can not eat fat straight, but give me nuts or an avocado and I'm good. Years of having fat=butt volcano (undiagnosed celiac and food allergies made my digestive system sensitive to fats and spices) have made me not like it.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    butt volcano
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Croak is offline Senior Member
    Fat on meat is my favorite part, for me the protein portion on a cut of meat really only exists to weight down the fat and gristle so it doesn't slide all over the plate when I try to cut it.

I've also always eschewed white meat poultry because there's no fat. Been like this my entire life, so when I went Primal a bit over a year ago, it was like a choir of angels started singing and a bright light shone down on my beaming visage. "I'm home!".

I also don't fret overmuch about PUFAs or CAFO or any other "non-wholesome" acronym. Sure, it's probably important to minimize to a degree, but I think it's a bit over-blown in these parts. Just like most everything else.

This ain't a religion (but I still hear the angels when I chaw on a fatty pork chop).
    Last edited by Croak; 02-09-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast