Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cold after eating page

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member

Cold after eating

Primal Fuel
    I get quite cold after eating a meal (even a hot one) and I stay that way for an hour or two. Anybody heard of this?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I don't know what the reason is, but I know there is one! Hopefully someone will answer. I get it as well, but weirdly - only after eating yogurt...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    For several years that happened to me every time I ate. I thought maybe it was the body pooling energy/blood to the digestive system and away from the extremities/skin (hey that's reasonable enough, right?). I also ate practically non-fat back then and was a skinny mini. I was cold a lot of the time, but the coldness after eating was a phenomenon all its own. I don't really get cold anymore though. It's weird, I actually run pretty hot now.

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I don't know what the reason is, but I know there is one! Hopefully someone will answer. I get it as well, but weirdly - only after eating yogurt...
    Mine only seems to happen after a full meal.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    I get quite cold after eating a meal (even a hot one) and I stay that way for an hour or two. Anybody heard of this?
    This can be a symptom of being hythyroid. Are you having any other symptoms such as hair loss, low energy, brittle nails?

Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    This can be a symptom of being hythyroid. Are you having any other symptoms such as hair loss, low energy, brittle nails?
    Not a thing.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I only get that way if I am eating a cold meal (salad) on a cold temperature day. But if I eat a warm meal it normally warms me up. Have you checked your temperature and pulse? You may want to check your thyroid to rule out hypothyroid.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I only get that way if I am eating a cold meal (salad) on a cold temperature day. But if I eat a warm meal it normally warms me up. Have you checked your temperature and pulse? You may want to check your thyroid to rule out hypothyroid.
    No, I haven't checked anything. What am I looking for in temperature? Up or down?

Balance is offline Senior Member
    If you are hypo your temperature would be lower than typical. Do you also have cold hands and feet? Also, are you doing low carb paleo?
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    If you are hypo your temperature would be lower than typical. Do you also have cold hands and feet? Also, are you doing low carb paleo?
    I'll have to take my temp when I get home. My hands get cold when the rest of me gets cold, feet not too bad. I'm in the middle of a 7 day potato diet, normally it's low carb primal in that I eat dairy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast