Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cold after eating page 2

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Richard Nikoley mentioned during one of his potato diet blog posts that the coldness he felt after a high-fat meal didn't return during his potato-based meals.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    I wish I knew what caused it, I've been having this problem lately too, even though I've been mostly Primal for over a year. I usually have low body temperature (it's funny, those forehead stickers for kids won't even light up the N for normal, I'm usually 97 or less) and lately I've been freezing in the house even with the heat set to 74. Hands and feet like ice, and it's worse after meals. I'm suspecting either anemia (common for me) or thyroid issues, more the latter because my skin has gotten really dry and I have really low energy, and all of this started around the same time as the excessive coldness. I'm going to try to find a doctor this week and have my blood work done.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    crap. I'm on this wagon too. Cold most of the time. Feet/hands/nose always cold. Temp is always 96.8- 97.0. Get cold after eating no matter what it is. help?
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=sjmc;1089230]I thought maybe it was the body pooling energy/blood to the digestive system and away from the extremities/skin (hey that's reasonable enough, right?). /QUOTE]

That is more than reasonable, it's exactly what I've been thinking.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmc View Post
    I thought maybe it was the body pooling energy/blood to the digestive system and away from the extremities/skin (hey that's reasonable enough, right?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post

That is more than reasonable, it's exactly what I've been thinking.
    I think that's CW. Food has a thermogenic effect, so technically eating should make you feel warmer.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I think that's CW. Food has a thermogenic effect, so technically eating should make you feel warmer.
    You'd think so wouldn't you?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    You'd think so wouldn't you?
    Yes. Which is why if you're feeling cold there could be another issue at play. For me too, although I don't get the chills after eating yogurt nearly as often as I did when I was LC.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12