Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making time to relax/dealing with stress page 2

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by notlupus View Post
    I couldn't see an option to PM you, but I'm very interested in how you dealt with your Lyme disease and if you've gotten off of the antibiotics yet. I'm dealing with it now and wondering when is enough for the antibiotics. Already relapsed once, so I don't want to do it again. I've got a great doctor, but any advice I can get is appreciated. Thanks!
    I tested positive for both Lyme and Bartonella. (My son, btw, has Lyme, Bartonella, Babesia, and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever!)
    I took minocyline and rifampin orally for six months. My energy levels normalized and my brain fog lifted. The fatigue had been crushing!

For another six months after the antibiotics I took japanese knotweed, which was amazing. I have not had a relapse.

The only advice I have is to really, really hit hard on the probiotics for a long time and to take herbals post-antibiotics. I took VSL #3 2 capsules a day plus a dropper of japanese knotweed in water twice a day and I did just fine. Lyme sucks. I wish you well.

Pea

notlupus is offline Senior Member
    Thanks! The penicillin shots were great but I wasn't on them long enough (source dried up). Rifampin and zithromax seem to have done the trick for me, but I guess I need to start some more herbals now in preparation for quitting the antibiotics soon. I've been taking culturelle but guess I should look into other probiotics.

I had mainly neuro symptoms as well (fatigue, brain fog, short term memory issues, tingling, muscle soreness), which means I had it for over 3 years before being diagnosed. Not something I would wish on anyone.

Lilith is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for all your replies

I need to get out in the countryside more I think. I was feeling a bit 'wired' on Sunday, so we went to our local lake where there are loads of birds (ducks and geese). There is also this little corner where, if you put bird feed, lots of little birds like Robins and Blue Tits come down.

I don't know what it is about birds, but everything else just melts away when I am around them. They make me laugh, and I am fascinated by them as they all have their own personalities (to me anyway!). When I watch birds coming to feed, I could watch them for ages and get lost in that moment - I think that is my form of meditation.

I have been looking around for other work, but to be honest I am not sure what I want to do. My uni course is in psychology and I had been considering a career in clinical psychology which would be more intense work with people experiencing mental health issues. With how I feel at the moment, I am unsure as to whether this is for me, but I DO like working with people in this arena. Maybe it's just *this* particular job that's getting me down because I have to switch to different roles so much of the time and cannot concentrate on the client work. When I am counselling clients I am more relaxed than at any other time during the day.

I feel that I am a very reflective person and self-aware, but like a lot of counsellors we seldom heed our own advice and learn to listen to what our bodies/minds are telling us!
    Last edited by Lilith; 02-11-2013 at 02:51 PM.
    Lilith

'Be yourself, everyone else is taken' - Oscar Wilde

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12