Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going Primal in College page

Primalgirl18 is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up Going Primal in College

Primal Fuel
    So I've been Primal for about a week now, but decided to start this journal to hold myself accountable for keeping on track (especially since I just cheated and ate an entire pizza---but I put grilled chicken on it---still feeling a little bloated now). Anyway, a little about my first week:
    I just started college and decided to go primal after I realized how out of shape I was. The exercise regimen fits in well with my busy college schedule, but the food is a little more difficult to procure. I started out the first week great by cutting out all junk food/sugars and grains. I had the carb flu for the first few days pretty bad and could barely stay up to do my homework. My meal plan allows me to have about two meals a day in the cafeteria. I have yogurt and fruit for breakfast and I usually grab a salad for lunch/dinner.

Food today:
    B-Woke up 30 min. before my 8 am class that takes me 15 min to walk to (not a great feeling), so no time for breakfast.
    L-Salad with carrots, grilled chicken breasts, and oranges. small yogurt. apple.
    D-My roomates talked me into ordering pizza. 1 entire small pizza hut pizza with grilled chicken on top.

So I went to the store after my class in the morning and bought bananas, blueberries, carrots, and some fresh cut roast beef with full muscle/fat. Yum, but kinda expensive. I hope this lasts me a while.

Workout Today: Move at a slow pace.
    Lets see, walked to my fifteen minute class both ways with detour to the store +10 min.
    Had to walk there and back for another class in the same building.
    20+ bench squats, 10 push ups

See you guys/gals tomorrow!

Oh and stats:
    Female, 18 years, 5'11, 160 lbs. Goal weight 140 lbs.

We can change our lives. We can do, have, and be exactly what we wish.
    Tony Robbins

So this morning I got myself up and went to work out. It was about 20 degrees outside so I decided on the gym for my Lift Heavy Things Workout and then ran a mile to top it off. I love the feeling of empowerment that I get after working out! I'm going to eat a brunch in my room today with all the fresh yummy things that I bought yesterday. Tomorrow morning I have the 5K that I've been training for since January, but it's supposed to start snowing tonight and not let up till Sunday night. I'm definitely going to go, but I still have to figure out what I'm going to wear. Wish me luck!!

I've just been snacking on blueberries, roast beef, and carrots for most of the day. Yum!! I'm headed to dinner soon, then after I finish my lab report for class, I'm off to bed to get tons of rest for my race tomorrow. It's still snowing outside and there is and estimated accumulation of 2-4 inches overnight. Hopefully it won't be too cold tomorrow, but I'm so excited to see if my training efforts have paid off. Night Everyone!

ulnauy is offline Member
    Good luck tomorrow there's nothing more fun than running in snow.

The 5K was awesome!! I ran in just over thirty one minutes and took third place in my age group! I came back just in time for my dorm Sunday brunch and had lots of yummy fruits and veggies and yogurt which I will supplement with my supply of roast beef in my room. I'm so excited!

Super yummy dinner tonight!
    Salad with oranges and carrots.
    Yogurt with strawberries.
    Fish fillet.
    That was about six hours ago and I've been studying ever since for two tests tomorrow and finalizing my lab report. My roomate and I have agreed to work hard for about one more hour and then we are headed to our favorite diner for a midnight study snack at which I will probably have some kind of grain. Ugh I love carbs so much. I wish I had more sleeping time and was able to reduce my stress levels like going primal recommends, but that kinda conflicts with the college lifestyle.
    Quote of the day:
    I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."
    Muhammad Ali

I went to Ihop at about 2 am yesterday. My roomate and I really wanted pancakes so we hiked over the freeway since neither of us have cars. We probably looked like a couple of hobos and it was snowing again. Had some delicious pancakes though. Today for breakfast, I had strawberries in yogurt and some hardboiled egg whites. I haven't had a chance to eat lunch yet and probably won't since I have class agin in half an hour. I guess I can just wait to get some salad for dinner. Finally, I have a semi-gross kinda random question. Are any of you who have gone primal pooping alot?

See you guys tomorrow with a weight update!!

You won't fail if you're not perfect, you'll fail if you're not committed to improving yourself slightly each day.

mmm so for lunch I had to snag a hot dog from a vender guy outside my building. It was pretty good, but probably pretty unprimal. I walked about 2 miles to the post office today and sprints are all set up for tomorrow.

New stats: 158.8 lbs goal 140 lbs

Millersoontobelite is offline Senior Member
    The primal lifestyle should drastically change the way you feel and look. try to cut your bad meals down to once or maybe twice a montha nd you will see much more rapid weight loss

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Kudos to starting your Primal life while in college! I bet if I would've done what you're doing, I wouldn't have ballooned up so badly!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast