Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going Primal in College page 2

Primalgirl18 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Man I've been so busy! Every night since Sunday has been a super study/homework night. The good thing about eating primal is that I feel like I've had so much more energy. If I would have started this while I was on a carb/sugar diet, I would have been exhausted. But after five tests in four days, I'm ready for an awesome night of sleep tonight! I'm going to have to skip dinner in the cafeteria tonight because they are having a huge spread of valentines dessert tonight. They're even having my favorite, red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting! Oh well, I don't need it. I having alot of trouble keeping grains out of my diet completely. Does anyone want to share their experience with this or do you have anything that you do when you see something you want to eat but can't? Thanks!!

Wow, I haven't had time to update in forever. I'm getting better at cutting grains and haven't had any for about a week now. I went snowboarding last Saturday and ended up spending most of my day in the medical center helping my friend who broke his collarbone. Ugh. I had a few pieces of chocolate on Valentines day, but I'm letting that be my 20% for a while since it was a special occasion. I lost another two pounds and am down to 156 lbs. My goal is still 140 lbs so I'm slowly working my way towards that. I counted up my hours of sleep last week and realized that I had so many tests and so much homework, I only got 22 hours of sleep. So, now that my stress attack over I will hopefully get much more rest. Coupled with the carb flu, last week was hell. I'm looking forward to this week and have a calc test on Thursday and a Organic Chem test on Moday. Talk to you guys later.

My calculus test wnet great today and this weekend I have a date with my Organic Chemistry book. This is the dangerous part of my diet becuase I LOVE to eat while I study. I'll have to leave my wallet and meal swipe card in the dorm and go find somewhere quiet to study. My goal for this next week is to keep away from those carbs and hopefully lose about 5 more pounds. I told myself that if I got to 150 by the end of the month, I could have a meal at my favorite restaurant with my friend. She knows about my diet and always asks me about my progress and since she is excited to go out to, I'm motivated to lose this weight. It's probably not good to reward my diet with food, but I feel like Genghis Grill could be pretty primal with all of the veggies and proteins if I limit the carbs in the bowl. (and it will feed me for two meals since I can't eat it all in one sitting) I just started IF and am skipping breakfast because the only foods available are omlets, yogurt, some fruit, and a buttload of carbs. So, I avoid temptation and I don't waste my limited meal swipes on a not so enjoyable meal. Then I either eat a full lunch or dinner depending on my schedule for the day and the other is just a light meal. I'm enjoying it so far. Bye!

It's Saturday night, and I'm already feeling the stress. I have a huge huge Organic Chemistry Test on Monday at 8 am that I have been studying for non-stop. AHHH! This test counts for about 50% of my grade and to my dismay I ate a bagel with peanut butter on it this morning as a comfort food. I am trying to remain actively conscious of what I put in my mouth. However I had an awesome workout that just made me feel great afterwards. I walked on an uphill incline in the gym for about fourty minutes, coupled it with some sprints, and then finished off with weights. I love that"runners" high that you get after working out. Yay endorphins. I'm working with IF this weekend and am liking it so far. I've found that every time I set foot in the cafeteria, I eat more or different from what I intended to. Does anyone have any advice on how to regulate this or stick to the no carbs diet. So far I've put a giant blue dot on the back of my right hand that reminds me of going primal everytime I reach for a piece of food.
    Stats: 153 lbs
    Goal: 140 lbs

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Can you keep things like raw macadamias or cashews with you? Boiled eggs? Anything that is primal that you would reach for first, so you have no excuse to buy anything?
    You don't need to be no carb You can have things like sweet potato, and lots of other veg.

Long time no post, but finals are coming up and I've been studying my butt off. I'm doing so much better adhering to the primal lifestyle. The pounds just seem to be falling off and I feel stronger and more energetic than ever. I look forward to workouts now that I'm mixing things up and not just mindlessly running on a treadmill. I am still having trouble finding enough protein in the cafeteria and when I went to ask for grilled chicken around noon today, the guy refused to make it for me because dinner didn't start till 5pm. That kinda stunk because I was collecting primal food for a picnic. Anyway, I made myself a salad with this pre cubed chicken stuff that tasted horrible and carrots and some nuts. I also grabbed and apple. I headed out to my local park to soak up some sun and study a bit. It was nice until the clouds came out and it got windy. I just got back from that and am headed to work on my tax returns (yay!) and my homework.
    Stats: 150 lbs
    Goal: 140 lbs

Ugh, I just got really sick. It must be a stomach bug or something. Oh the joys of living in the dorm.... Does anyone have any primal fare, besides water, that will help me feel better and is easy on the stomach? Thanks guys.s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12