Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Why did you choose your username? page 10

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jojohaligo View Post
    That last line (it still fits with this thread since you are using your name) was read into my head in Elmer Fudd's voice.
    Elmer J. Fudd the de facto archenemy of Bugs Bunny.................. but hes a booooooyyyyyyy
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    MM I had a really nice Dairy cow called Merl - soooooooooo Its not just great grandmothers !!!!!!!!
    You are completely and very right.

It's also the sort of name that asian immigrants can give their daughters (along with things like doris and agnes).
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member
    I have a fascination with Moose - scientific name Alces Alces. And yes my name is Jen.
    Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not Mr. Lebowski. You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

-OR-

-Nobody calls me Lebowski. You got the wrong guy. I'm the Dude, man.
    -Your name's Lebowski, Lebowski. Your wife is Bunny.
    -My... my wi-, my wife, Bunny? Do you see a wedding ring on my finger? Does this place look like I'm fucking married? The toilet seat's up, man!

-BUT MORE SPECIFICALLY-

Not on the rug, man...
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    Does this place look like I'm fucking married? The toilet seat's up, man!
    Llllllllol. Love it

As for my second favourite scene in the film.... Have you ever heard of Vietnam?
    Is This Your Homework Larry? - YouTube
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Llllllllol. Love it

As for my second favourite scene in the film.... Have you ever heard of Vietnam?
    Is This Your Homework Larry? - YouTube
    two of the best movie lines are in the scene leading up to that scene, and then immediately before the clip you posted. the first line is when they are in the theater watching the interpretive dance and walter says "Shut the fuck up, Donny. We'll, uh, brace the kid--he'll be a pushover. We'll get that fucking money, if he hasn't spent it already. Million fucking clams. And yes, we'll be near the, uh--some burgers, some beers, a few laughs. Our fucking troubles are over, Dude." he should be a pushover...too funny. they're going to strongarm a teenager

and right after that, when they walk in to the house and Pilar seats them in the house and Walter looks over at Arthur Digby Sellers in the iron lung, then looks at Pilar and asks her "Does he still write?" and she replies "no, he has health problems." cracks me up every time
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by notlupus View Post
    If you've watched House, you know. Plus some days it feels like the only thing I haven't been diagnosed with (chronic fatigue, hypothyroid, celiac, lyme disease + maybe other tick stuff, food allergies, etc).
    This one made me laugh the most. I read the first sentence and then saw your username.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    I am a potter ( when I have time) so I throw clay pots on a wheel. I often refer to it as playing in mud, so mud flinger seemed appropriate. I must admit though that the other connotations to that name are a part of my personality that I try very hard to suppress
    I think of a scene from Monty Python & the Holy Grail when I see your username.

Mine has its roots in high school. I felt disassociated from my name (both nickname, used by all, and birth name, used by none until recently) and wanted to find a new one. I never did, but I've started to settle into both names within the past couple of years. I've used "nameless[blank]" for various aliases for a while, especially on World of Warcraft (namelesswndr was my 'lock, namelesshunt was my hunter, all the pets were nameless[beast]). Now my blog has a similar name, Nameless Wonders. I like how multi-purpose it is, both as a statement & an identity.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I didn't realize I was going to be stuck with it forever or I would have taken more time with it. Instead, I aimed at being average and didn't realize that I wrote cavemen instead of caveman. I wish I had a cooler story.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Booter, I have honestly never noticed.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Iniquity is one of my favorite death metal bands.

You can hear them in the background to this 2 year old video I made of myself doing mostly pull ups and a horrible handstand - this is kind of funny to watch actually, I hadn't seen it myself in well over a year. Nice to see that I got stronger since then, though.

Still a long way to go 11-29-10_0001.wmv - YouTube
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast