Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is This A Good Way To Lose Fat? page 3

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    emmie, you have it right, the real "fat burning mode" is to be in lack of food - or in a calorie deficit - that's the mode when your body burn it's own precious stored bodyfat. There is no reason for the body whatsoever to use of it's own bodyfat if there is not a very good reason for doing just that...

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I think we are missing a key piece of information here. OP's definition of lower fat.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dimples View Post
    So let's say I get the right amount of protein and carbs. Should I lower my fat intake so that my body will need energy, and take it from my fat stores - rather than use the fats I ingest?

Also, would this work if I wanted to build muscle and lose fat?
    You may lose weight, but you'll also probably gain it back quickly. We need fat and if you're not getting enough your body will fight for it and you may end up over eating and gain the weight back. I have kept my fat really high and lost 30 lbs doing so and find it really hard to gain eating this way (easy to maintain). I used to yo-yo a lot when I'd lower fat and calories... not anymore. Lowering fat is not a good way to lose weight... lowering carbs is, though.

kot
    kot is offline Member
    If I'm eating 75% of calories from fat I am not hungry and often don't meet my basic 1600 calories. I end up only eating like 900-1200 calories. Although if I xfit more than 1 once a week I will endup on a 5kcal bender.

Grokkette is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Canio, understandable. I just figure the OP might be just new to PB and just feeling it out so far. I've actually been reading the blog off and on for like a year and a half, but I just started getting serious about going primal a few weeks ago, and I've had similar questions. Granted I usually just look up the answer. lol

Thanks for the welcome.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123