Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An accidental Experiment page

twinmama is offline Senior Member

An accidental Experiment

Primal Fuel
    Ok... Very Quick background... Have had lots of pain in my body the last several years... gained more weight than I ever thought I could... (so much pain that moving just sucks) Totally exhausted... and stressed...

The first thing I cut from my diet towards PB was grains... surprisingly easy... Cut most sources of sugar... and have a few hang ups to work on.

Feeling A LOT better! More energy... stress is the same (outside influences), and hadn't really noticed, 'cause I think I was so accustomed to pain, but I'd been fairly pain free... a few aches... but nothing major...

SOOOOOOOO, Last night, DH brings home these YUMMY steaks... and HUGE Potatoes for baking (served with butter, sour cream, chives)... WORSE: French Bread, all crusty and warm... (used EVOO & Balsamic for dipping), and about 2 FULL glasses of red wine...

First thing... went to bed just feeling over fed. and groggy (wine)...

Woke this morning. I'm in so much pain I don't even know how to describe it... other than familiar (as I think it was this bad until about a month ago). I'm moving like a crippled 90 year old. I can't swing my legs through full range of motion within my hips, my knees are throbbing, my hands hurt typing this... my muscles ache in the most insane way... I feel like CRAP!!!!! My head hurts, (but not the hang over kind of hurt)... But it IS LIKE MY BODY IS HUNG OVER!!!

This is either BREAD!!! &/ or Wine plus the extra carb load from the potato... Seriously, the left over bread is on the counter... I actually just gagged looking at it!!!!!

I don't recommend this experiment but if you can't remember how crappy you felt, you might try this... just for masochistic thrill of it I suppose...

ON ANOTHER NOTE: a very sweet woman I know who is obese opened up to me about her weight. She has 4 kids, and she's quite sad not being able to really play with them... I talked diet with her... And she agreed to cut just soda...I'll have her cutting things here and there until it feel natural to her... Hope she can hang tight!!!

IN ONE WEEK: She lost 6 lbs! She's so excited.. and HER HUSBAND just agreed to try it too... slow but sure!!!!

Bird Goddess is offline Senior Member
    Something similar happened to me last week. I had my second cheat and ate 2 small slices of fresh made pizza. The next day, my back pain was back. I kept wondering what I had done wrong. I hadn't lifted anything heavy, didn't think it was a posture issue. Was it...the pizza crust??? Really??? I don't want to do this unplanned experiment again. It wasn't worth it.

trigirl85 is offline Senior Member
    So I have Lupus which is characterized by a lot of body pain and fatigue among a million other things which is a lot like Fibromyalgia which is what it sounds like you may have. Last year, before diagnosis, I went gluten and dairy free and my stomach issues resolved. About 2 months after doing this my pain began to subside. I cut out ALL grains a month ago and all dairy and have noticed remarkable improvements in the fatigue and pain that was coming back as I dropped prednisone dosages. I also noticed that I had NO tolerance for alcohol. It didn't matter how long I went without drinking. Right after I have some, I mean half a glass at most, I feel "buzzed" and on the way to "trashed" body-wise and I wake up feeling like I was run over by a truck and it lasts for a few days. SO...I suppose I would say all the above probably did you in. It was really natural and no problem for me to abstain just because I have that personality, but I guarantee staying away from both grains and alcohol sounds like it would (and has been) really do wonders for you.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    It's the grains. I had arthritis and now I rarely flare, and only if I have a brush with gluten or wheat. The grain is the pain.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

MikkiB is offline Senior Member
    Griff - I love that - HAD arthritis
    CW doctors say that arthritis (like hypothyroidism, lupus, etc!) is forever ... gives me hope

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Yes, but CW doctors have demonstrated time and again that they don't know what they're talking about.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

jicamamama is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Yes, but CW doctors have demonstrated time and again that they don't know what they're talking about.
    **APPLAUSE** I couldn't agree more Griff!

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    Defiantly the grains, if I eat even a small amount of wheat my left ankle flares up from a 13 year old injury, I thought I would live with pain in that ankle for the rest of my life. Now I know that the PB has eliminated the pain in that joint as long as I stay far far away from wheat. In my mind a very small sacrifice for pain free living.

PrimalPeg is offline Member
    I've been lurking for awhile but decided to join the forum today. I started PB the beginning of March and had my first cheat about 4 weeks later, a piece of chocolate cake for a co-workers birthday. I didn't even want it, but gave in to the social pressure. It was so sweet it actually burned as I ate it, and then the next day I had the worst migraine ever. It lasted for a full seven days... I'll never touch grains again... my son says this is a good thing.

Is there a reason for the 'grain' in migraine?

A.M. Roots is offline Member
    I have a friend with celiac, lived with it for years, was diagnosed and didn't touch gluten for a year straight. She went to a local hot spot pizza joint that advertised their gluten free crust. She had viscious bouts of vomitting all night long. Obviously, you can't not contaminate doughs in the same kitchen, bad advertising. Anyway, I believe even a few weeks straight of laying off a potential allergen is enough time to resensitize your gut lining. Your micro villi in your intestines that do a lot of the absorbing do grow back when not irritated. I found out recently that's how you get tested for serious food allergies if bloodwork isn't giving you any answers, they biopsy your intestines. If their smooth then the beautiful blood filled micro villi are gone, Bummer! Imagine, all these people in the world wondering why they need to increase their meds or are not improving on their vitamin D even after heavy supplementation. . .I wonder if their even absorbing it to begin with? ? ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast