Thread: Improving my specs... page 2

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    //
    Last edited by specsAreGrok; 02-20-2013 at 12:46 PM. Reason: duplicate post

Links for reading/reference later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    J.S. did a whole series called "Why are we hungry". For the science minded its a good series because it does differentiate satiety vs satiation, and satiated vs sated along with wants vs likes. Read the whole series if you want some interesting science.
    satiation vs. satiety - GNOLLS.ORG
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    This is nothing we don't already know, those of us who kick around the paleo and primal world a lot. :P But this article was a good solid read all the same, and one I wish people I know would read.

The Extraordinary Science of Junk Food - NYTimes

Added an extra .5mile to my usual 3mile run last night -- had a bit extra time on my hands. That first mile always sucks; by the 2nd mile I'm like "ok, this isn't too bad", by mile 3 I feel like I could go forever....

Had to add a new notch to the belt today; adding a notch to make your belt smaller is immensely more pleasurable than the other direction. I've done both and remember the other notch very clearly.

I'm going to finally decorate my banjo head in a couple weeks and finally decided on my initial banjo tattoos to go on it. Had to work grok in there...

Had some nice big russett potatos last night, dayum are those things filling.
    Have a few of them as leftovers, I was perusing the fridge and I think I'm gonna try making:
    beef meatballs with potato and some carmelized fuji apples mixed into them. should be interesting, better not tell the wife what i have planned until I serve them.

1lb ground beef, 1 fiji apple skinned minced and browned in butter, 1 baked russet potato skinned and mashed, handful of parsely leaves minced, 1 handful of scallions minced, 1 egg, 1/2 cup of white cheddar cheese. 1/8cup meatballs, browned in skillet and finished in oven at 300degrees. delicious, will eat again.
    Last edited by specsAreGrok; 02-28-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Have I mentioned we like meatballs around here? got the wife to actually try/enjoy ground chicken for the first time last night.
    1lb ground pastured chicken, 1 Fiji apple minced, 1 bundle of kale (steamed and minced), 1 small bulb of garlic sautéed in olive oil, 1/4cup parmesan, some spices = meatballs. was nice with a plate of broccoli raab baked with olive oil and garlic salt and white pepper.

Hit another new low today, only 6lbs left to hit my initial goal. yay!

And I gotta give it to my man Rand Paul yesterday, standing and talking for 13hours. Great moment in the senate, maybe I should send him a note to see about converting his desk to a standing desk.

I've been holding onto a package of slankers primal ground beef for awhile, waiting for an opportunity to make a dinner for myself since I know the little woman would throw a fit if I tried to feed her this without having tested to make sure it isn't "gross" first. My opportunity finally arrived, got a chili in the slow cooker today for dinner tonight.

The description:
    Primal Ground Beef: Ground beef mixed with organ meats. Beef trim, beef liver trimmed, beef heart trimmed, beef spleen trimmed, beef kidneys. Pretty ugly stuff for Cavemen.
    hope its good.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by specsAreGrok View Post
    hope its good.
    well hell if that wasn't superb; my toddler took to it like he had himself a tapeworm.

1lb "primal ground beef", 2 cans diced tomatoes, 6 stalks of celery cut into "moons", 2 cups of carrots shredded and chopped, 1 yellow onion + 1 bulb garlic + 1 green bellpepper all minced and sautéed in bacon grease, some mild spices, 2tbsp raw cacao powder, 1 tbsp. molasses. gonna have to have the woman try it when she gets home.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast