Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nemo survivors - how many are bracing for the blizzard? page 2

Montco is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm hoping this bastard Nemo dumps as much as he can on us. Bring on the snow. I'll take my 3 year old out and build a snow fort. Seems like I'm the only one around here that is excited about this.

Yes, I bought milk yesterday but only because that is what my son drinks and we were out, haha.

I'm in Lowell, MA, and hoping we get hit like a mofo!
    SW: TBD lbs / CW: TBD lbs / GW: 185 lbs

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    Is it real? People around here in south jersey are just repping the hype without question again.

This whole weather hysteria thing- maybe because I am only 31, I do not remember far back enough to have an accurate picture? But I feel like just in the last 5 years, people have degenerated into a quibbling mass of ignorant god-wrath fearing peasant lunatics who shudder hysterically at the slightest indication of weather that might disturb Pleasantville. "There will be snow" is enough to send panicked mobs through the grocery stores emptying the shelves. It is angering me more and more daily.
    Hysteria over weather unfounded, says the guy who thinks the world is spying on him :/
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Primal Beast is offline Junior Member
    Already moved some snow up here at the top of Rhode Island. Prepping up here in the northeast for a storm, like this Nemo is learned from past storms, that people remember and tell stories to there grandchildren. So they will learn and know the importance of being prepped. How primal is that? The blizzard of "78" left 54" of snow in Woonsocket R. I. I hope we don't see that again. Happy shoveling!!!!

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    We should have a Grok Snow Fort Building Competition. If you build an igloo, snow fort, or other badass snow-thing after/during Nemo, post a photo.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

boomingno is offline Member
    Nemo: National Weather Service is losing its PR fight against the Weather Channel.

For once our government is on the side of common sense... and losing.

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJecka View Post
    We should have a Grok Snow Fort Building Competition. If you build an igloo, snow fort, or other badass snow-thing after/during Nemo, post a photo.
    Shall do! All we've gotten so far is a bunch of rain.

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    Dusting............
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Since when are they naming the winter storms?
    I don't know whether it's due to the Primal lifestyle or the fact that I'm getting older, but lately people in general annoy me. Stocking up on gas and bread, simply because it will snow. .....
    It amazes me how easy it is to manipulate the masses.

primallawyer is offline Junior Member
    I have to confess that I bought milk yesterday - but in my defense, it is the only thing my almost 3 year old will drink, and we were almost out I think we're going to get about 2 feet here in my neighborhood (about 10 miles north of Boston). As long as I don't have to go anywhere, it's fine - though shoveling at the end of our street is complicated since there is nowhere to put the snow. I have recently found myself having a better attitude about things like the weather - will view my time shoveling as both heavy lifting and time outside getting fresh air. Also helps that my daughter will think it's fun - always get a better attitude / perspective when you're hanging with a child

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Seriously, naming winter storms? Weather isn't supposed to be entertaining.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast