Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Lifting Help with Plateaus? page 2

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    There are plenty of people out there who won't lose no matter how many healthy changes they make in their eating, exercise, or lifestyle until they restrict their calories. Sad fact of life.

MerryMac is offline Junior Member
    Yup. Well, as I've said, I've restricted calories to between 1,400 and 1,600 most days because I'm not very active at the moment. I was wondering whether anyone has an opinion about Body By You (the one for women) by Mark Lauren.

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MerryMac View Post
    Yup. Well, as I've said, I've restricted calories to between 1,400 and 1,600 most days because I'm not very active at the moment. I was wondering whether anyone has an opinion about Body By You (the one for women) by Mark Lauren.
    Yes, just started it and loving it. Easy to follow, and motivating, I have his normal YAYOG app too - recommend it.

Thanks, Lambchop. I just ordered it.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MerryMac View Post
    I was wondering whether anyone has an opinion about Body By You (the one for women) by Mark Lauren.
    Looks to have some good reviews on amazon. I am not sure how I would do with a book to follow. Are they pretty basic moves, or if not are there youtubes to show you how?

I bought the T-tapp book and yet to do it. Looks complicated. But there are videos and youtubes for instruction.

I have been trying to get more serious with the fitness side of things. I have spent alot of time on the nutrition side, spun my wheels for a long time it seems, but I think I have found my happy place again, for now. So I am thinking it is time for me to become OCD/anal on the fitness part.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    I have been trying to get more serious with the fitness side of things. I have spent alot of time on the nutrition side, spun my wheels for a long time it seems, but I think I have found my happy place again, for now. So I am thinking it is time for me to become OCD/anal on the fitness part.
    Yeah, me too.

You Are Your Own Body is easy to follow and the exercises are pretty basic. There are demonstrations available on YouTube and the QR codes throughout the book get you to the videos quickly (just scan them with your smart phone). I can't say whether the workouts are effective, but they certainly aren't complicated.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Thanks! I know Mark's is free and I should give it a fair shake I guess, but I like the idea of this book. And for 12 bucks (kindle on my computer) seems fair enough.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12