Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low Cholesterol Associated With 75 Percent Of All Heart Attacks! page

dixonge is offline Junior Member

Low Cholesterol Associated With 75 Percent Of All Heart Attacks!

peril is offline Senior Member
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

From the results section of the paper

The present study demonstrates that among patients hospitalized with CAD, the admission lipid levels are below that of the general population.
    It is incredible that anyone faced with this fact could consider statin therapy
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member
    Nearly 55% of the participants had less than 40 mg/dL of HDL. Less than 10% of the participants had higher than 60 HDL. The study also stated that over time, both HDL and LDL decreased.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    It is incredible that anyone faced with this fact could consider statin therapy
    I agree, but then again most people are too lazy to actually find the facts. They would rather just go off of what their doc tells them. Who, again, is a person and therefore probably too lazy to find the facts.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    The problem is the facts are getting harder to find. People are bombarded with information from the government, tv adds, doctors, books etc. We have a wealth of resources here and a wealth of people willing to look but 999 of 1000 articles you will read from Harvard, The Mayo Clinic etc will all promote the high carb low fat, low LDL is best wisdom.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Yes, I was actually thinking of the researchers and their readers when I made that comment. Incredibly, they conclude that LDL is obviously too high and that recently lowered targets for LDL are justified. At least they do suggest a focus on higher HDL. Hmmm, how would one do that

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    The problem is that LDL-C isn't a measure of LDL at all. It's a measure of the volume of cholesterol within LDL particles. (Usually based on the highly inaccurate estimation given by the Friedewald equation, but that's a story for another day).

Nobody with half a brain believes the cholesterol is the problem anymore. Even that Russian? dude who killed all the rabbits by feeding them cholesterol 50 years ago. I can't come up with his name off the top of my head at the moment. Started with an "A" maybe.

edit: Here's the guy I meant:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolay_Anichkov
    Last edited by RichMahogany; 02-13-2013 at 06:45 AM.

Chupo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenHLi View Post
    Nearly 55% of the participants had less than 40 mg/dL of HDL. Less than 10% of the participants had higher than 60 HDL. The study also stated that over time, both HDL and LDL decreased.
    This study suggests that an HDL of 60 and over is protective regardless of other risk factors such as hypercholesterolemia, hypertension, TG, and diabetes.
    Eckardstein_2008_F04.PNG

Ned Kock discusses it here: Health Correlator: What should be my HDL cholesterol?

hinsbluck is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    great info to me,At least they do suggest a focus on higher HDL. Hmmm, how would one do that.thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast