Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Simplified Primal Blueprint chat page

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member

Simplified Primal Blueprint chat

Primal Fuel
    Anyone want to chat with me who is following the Primal Blueprint 100%, and not weighing or counting etc?
    Avoiding poisonous things is my biggest thing I want to keep doing.
    I need to simplify my life and stop letting the numbers control me. This is why I originally thought the PB was for me. I am much happier when I do this.

I am cutting out BP coffee and having a meal instead. Also concentrating on getting lots of veg with each meal.
    Will still be concentrating on only eating to hunger even if that means sometimes IF.
    So anyone else want to make things more simple? What things will you change?

So for me:
    No daily weighing (only once a month).
    No more BP coffee.
    Eating a good amount of veg with my protein for each meal.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    I should probably eat less dark chocolate.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

LOL its allowed isn't it?

I am not a fan so much of it.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Good for you Ayla! Learning to not measure, weigh, or scrutinize everything, but just eat good, healthy, natural foods is a HUGE step in the right direction.

Of course, upping veggies and not counting protein might take you out of ketosis which you have been doing for a while now, but I think that resolving your insulin issues should come first anyway. I think cutting down on the stress in your dietary patterns will really agree with you, and you might even come to enjoy it even more than before and not want to return to previous patterns.

I congratulate you on making this change and now encourage you to maybe add in a little more exercise and bingo. Blueprint realized!
    Last edited by Drumroll; 02-07-2013 at 04:21 PM.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Ayla, I know exactly where you are coming from and I too am trying desperately to simplify things.
    I am counting and weighing - but just to gauge if things are working or not.
    What I am attempting to do at the moment is eat Protein, cooked in fat and veges at every meal.
    If however I am not hungry at breakky, so be it. I can eat more protein, cooked in fat and veges at later meals on those days.
    I was finding that eating virtually no carbs, was making Gwamma Gwumpy - so I am having about 1 cup of brocolli, cauliflour, lettuce, tomato, spinach - or the like at each sitting. 3 cups of these type veges/day still keep me under 10gms of carb per day.
    Really simple, no stress, and some days I am having a spud or sweet potato. If at supper time I am still hungry - thats when I am having my creamy drink.
    I am also having an oil shot at the 4 o clock hungry time, however only did that a couple of days, and haven't been so hungry since
    ................. so sorry what I perceived to be a simple strategy for me has turned into a novel.............. buggar
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Yep will walk 4-5 km every day (not a leisurely stroll, but not a race either).

Not bothered about whether I am in ketosis or not, I don't really want to think about that either.

Thats exactly the simplicity I am after for me too G

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    so to simplify ............... get up in the morning..........meat(CIF) and vege, meat(CIF) and vege, meat(CIF) and vege............. then voila its bed time...........
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Cif?

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Yep will walk 4-5 km every day (not a leisurely stroll, but not a race either).

Not bothered about whether I am in ketosis or not, I don't really want to think about that either.
    I still eat a largely certified VLC diet but I don't count my protein so I tend to cycle in and out of ketosis based on how much protein I had the day before. But I'm not constantly in it, nor was it ever my goal to be.

And thumbs up on the walking. If it's raining, get to the gym, switch on some music and go for a while on an elliptical machine at a nice walking pace. And as always, lift heavy things or get some good bodyweight work in at least once, maybe twice, per week.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast