Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Simplified Primal Blueprint chat page 6

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Love that 'is it paleo' chart, though it fails for jelly babies, animal crackers, chocolate frogs and those happy faces made from mashed potato and engine oil (well I assume it's engine oil from the taste anyway)

I 100000000% agree with trying to keep it simple, real food, I'm trying so hard not to have to go down the macro and caloire counting route, as long as I am getting closer towards a healthy body compostion I will try not to start that crap
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Oh yeah I know.
    I did consider it, which is why he didn't continue with pre-school last year. But he is so social, and there just weren't enough local homeschool groups for us to go to. If there were more I def would want to do it.
    We homeschool. How big is your town? Rockpool is an australian homeschooling network that can be an online support group and help you find like minded people near you.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Ill check that out thanks MM

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Keeping it simple. Besides battling awful cravings the last two days (the first of this I've dealt with in my 10 total days) I am keeping it simple as possible. I even got my sister on board! She noticed what I was doing and wanted to join in! Now if I could only get my parents on... Oh, I also had sister take my scale away. One of the first questions she asked me was if I had lost any weight. I told her yes, but I'm already making the scale a bad habit. So, she took it from me, and locked it up in the proverbial tower.

But, I did buy some ketosticks today. She was in the moderate range and I was in the second to highest "large" range. That's good, right?
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Hi there folks, glad to find you all. In my experience nothing could be more simple than primal - just eat real food but not too much and do some exercise but not too much. It's fun AND good for you. What's not to love?

Black Timber is offline Senior Member
    Simple is definitely the way to go. Counting calories, over-thinking macros and weighing myself every day is stress that I really don't need. I have been obsessed with all the little details. This is my first week abandoning all of these obsessions and I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I have come to the conclusion that our bodies are very intelligent and if we eat the right kind of foods, our bodies will take care of themselves. The available science is very limited when it comes to nutrition and it seems nearly every fact is clouded by some hypothesis or theory. I am not 100% primal but I do my best to avoid the biggest problem foods. I feel best doing the 16-8 version of intermittent fasting.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Loving this Ayla. It is soooo easy to get paralyzed by others obsessions/experiments (some misguided), I need to get back to the basics, back to the book. Love this thread

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Yes paralyzed is it hey, all these other ways that could work def mess with your head.

murf73 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That Is It Paleo chart makes me laugh so hard! I love it.
    So, when fasting didn't really work I decided to review all the aspects of PB and figure out what I was missing.
    I exercise regularly, but I don't weight lift or sprint. So my new goals are to add sprinting once a week and lift weights twice a week. I've been almost 100% primal. The only cheats I've done is a little peanut butter, a white potato here or there and I did try some quinoa last night. But other than that I've been doing great. No grains, no junk. I would cut the peanut butter, but I haven't really decided if I want to. I can't do cashew butter cause I'm allergic and I can't do almond butter cause I don't like it as much (I might be allergic to this to, but am not sure). Also, this summer I am planning on getting vibram 5 toe shoes to wear when me and hubby go hiking. Also plan on trying to get more sun this summer since I tend to be a sunophobe. I am white as paper...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456