Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Simplified Primal Blueprint chat page 5

gjfatkri is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I don't really want to think about that either.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    I won't ever pretend to be 100% primal. Ideally, when I'm cooking at home, which is most of the time, foods I prepare are 90% to 100% primal. I am not going to sweat a little bit of mayo here and there or maybe a couple of tablespoons of flour in gravy once in a while. My lifestyle work schedule means that the food available isn't always primal. I tend to choose whatever is going to cause the least distress and allow the quickest recovery.

IMO, Simplified PB means not trying to be a perfectionist.

I need to work on the nonfood areas of PB. Sleep, activity, stress.

I need to pay attention to my hunger cues more closely. PMS week notwithstanding ;-)

I don't weigh myself. I haven't for years. I'm happy with letting my clothes tell me.

I don't count or track any numbers, except how many avocados and pounds of
    Butter I have on hand.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I should probably eat less dark chocolate.
    Blasphemer! less wine and almonds, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    If it's raining, get to the gym
    Or just go out in the rain with an umbrella. It's actually really super fun to go for a walk in the rain.

Good for you Ayla trying to make this simpler.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    I won't ever pretend to be 100% primal. Ideally, when I'm cooking at home, which is most of the time, foods I prepare are 90% to 100% primal. I am not going to sweat a little bit of mayo here and there or maybe a couple of tablespoons of flour in gravy once in a while. My lifestyle work schedule means that the food available isn't always primal. I tend to choose whatever is going to cause the least distress and allow the quickest recovery.

IMO, Simplified PB means not trying to be a perfectionist.

I need to work on the nonfood areas of PB. Sleep, activity, stress.

I need to pay attention to my hunger cues more closely. PMS week notwithstanding ;-)

I don't weigh myself. I haven't for years. I'm happy with letting my clothes tell me.

I don't count or track any numbers, except how many avocados and pounds of
    Butter I have on hand.
    That is it exactly
    I am saying 100% for me only because the one thing I won't go back to is packaged foods or grains, I just don't enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Blasphemer! less wine and almonds, too.

Or just go out in the rain with an umbrella. It's actually really super fun to go for a walk in the rain.

Good for you Ayla trying to make this simpler.
    thanks

Crofter is offline Member
    I'm trying to get back to "simple" again too. After just about a year Primal now I'm still keeping a food log, but not weighing everything. It just keeps me honest! I weigh myself about once a fortnight and take my blood pressure once a week.
    I gave up trying to find enough time for an exercise "slot" and now I just to them as and when I can.
    I'll have a spare few minutes and do 15 pushups or I'll go out to the shed and do some pullups as I pass the bar.
    Today I shifted 4 tons of gravel in the garden so I guess that's the abdominal exercises for the day!

Keep at it Ayla sounds like a good plan.

Crofter sounds like you have a good plan there too

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Simple rocks.

If it had or will have a face.... eat it.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Simple rocks.

If it had or will have a face.... eat it.
    This. So many times over.

Counting macros too much sucks.

Ayla, I recommend you develop a solid list of quick, easy primal meals that you can make on the fly if you're in a rush. It's nice to treat yourself to a gourmet meal you make from time to time, sure, but it's always good to have a few quick and dirty meals that you can put together at a moment's notice if a) you are short on time, or b) most else doesn't appeal to you at the moment.

I have a couple of staples that I stick with for sure, and I probably eat off of that list at least three times a week. It further simplifies things because if you lack time to think about what dinner will be, you know you can just come home and rock out with one of these meals. A lot of these "quick meals" may be on the higher side for protein or carbs due to the ease of preparing meat/eggs/veggies as opposed to taking the time to chop, sauté, or whatever ingreadients you need to make a complicated sauce or whatever or some complex side dish, but hey, you can put it together on the fly and will be eating soon. Yay for that!

On the other hand, these meals don't always have to be exactly the same. You can totally transform a meal just by changing the amount and types of spices, herbs, peppers, ect. that you use for seasoning. Even if the basic premise of the meal is the same as the one you made a couple of nights ago, the flavors will be quite different.

Cheers to simple!

Our meals are actually quite simple, I cook the protein, and most of the time the veg are raw.
    I don't often try to make "recipes". So at least I got that part right

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast