Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Simplified Primal Blueprint chat page 4

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    they are only at school for X number of hours a day, and only learning for x - y number of hours.
    I am a big believer in learning at home, so you will pick up on any issues, or struggles I am sure. And then you can guide as you need to at home.
    It will be easy - its really just a continuation of what you are doing now !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah but the teacher is not so great with the communication and letting parents know what is going on. She is so vague about things. There have been a few issues this week, but she hasn't explained them well so how am I meant to deal with it properly?
    Last few days she said all was fine, but my son says different, so I guess ill be speaking to her again next week. I have been speaking to another mum and she says the same about this teacher. She just says there was something and we are dealing with it. That is not good enough to me.

Yep I agree about learning at home and we try to talk everything through. We don't use reward or punishment. Just trying to make sure all their needs are met, and if they are acting out, its usually because they have some emotion they aren't sure of, so we try to work through that.
    I grew up with constant punishment, for even the smallest things, verbal abuse and constant nos, I don't want that for my children. I want them to know they can come to me and talk about everything and anything when they need me.

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    You could homeschool.... just sayin

If you are not happy with anything at school - you must have the confidence to discuss with your teacher. She is a professional and shouldn't take it in a negative way so keep those lines of communication open.
    You will be great - but it is a huge learning curve for you as well as your wee one

...small steps....

Oh yeah I know.
    I did consider it, which is why he didn't continue with pre-school last year. But he is so social, and there just weren't enough local homeschool groups for us to go to. If there were more I def would want to do it. Like at least 3 a week type of thing, he has been so excited leading up to school about having friends. Steiner was the preschool he went to and I love their philosophies and everything, but its so expensive and we had to drive 40 mins each way. It is worth it, but I knew that it would be tight having 2 of them there. So homeschooling was my next option. But then I did find a public school about 20 mins away, (our local area is not great, so thats why no school for him here, that I wanted to send him to), that I was pretty happy with, but its public, and the ideas of how to do things is so far from my ideal, but I guess if I do what I am doing at home it should all work out. Argh lol

G, Ill keep trying to pry things out of her.

She said in the beginning of the week there were a few instances of my son hitting, which surprised me, but she didn't elaborate. When I next tried to ask her about it, as my son said there is a few boys who are always annoying him (still I told him no excuse to hit), she only said there is a group, but wouldn't explain more. If my son says it keeps happening, I will def be pushing her to tell me what is going on. My son knows its OK to be angry but not to use his hands, and to just tell people to stop if he doesn't like something. But if there are kids that are constantly annoying him (he also says they push him over) then I want her to do something. But at the same time after this week I am realising that 5 year olds struggle to explain things that have happened, so I am just going to keep speaking to him about expressing anger etc. But of course the best way to show them is lead by example I know.

teach him to say "please stop, I do not like you doing that"...... if it continues, get to know the local school families and community. Invite some nice kids over for a visit/ sleepover or whatever. Friends are important for all of us, even at my age, and if he has someone that he can play with - thats always a positive for his confidence.
    You will do the right thing Ayla - but its always hard being the new kid on the block..... Parents included !!!!!

...small steps....

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    learningnaturally : Natural Learning

This group is run by someone in Australia, you may find there are more people nearby than you think and you could start your own groups to attend or set up play dates. That's what we do.

I am sure that is where I found some groups. I will check it out again.
    G that is what I tell him to do now. He does have a couple of kids he keeps playing with so that is good. And this morning I had a long chat to one of their mums, so that was nice. Will be good to start making some friends myself actually. I ended up being a bit of a loner last year and stayed home a lot.

Actually Ayla, since our children have left school, and we have moved I have found it hard to infiltrate the local area. It is a great way to make friends when your children are at preschool, school, intermediate or college.
    Thank goodness MDA has come to the fore and accepted all my eccentricities !!!!!!!

...small steps....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast