Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That annoying moment... page

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member

That annoying moment...

Shop Now
    ...when your clothes are looser, but the damn scale won't go down..grrr...................bad day and need to rant. Over and out.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    ......but looser clothes are a good thing....I ditched my scale over a year ago....well, technically it's still in the bathroom. I only have to dust it off every once in a while....Hope tomorrow's a better day for ya.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    it means your muscle growth is outrunning your fat loss....which is hardly something to complain about..........
    The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    it means your muscle growth is outrunning your fat loss....which is hardly something to complain about..........
    Just frustrating when you have 60 pounds to lose. Plus, just a really bad day in general, and the scale is the only part of it that is primal blueprint related ha

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Why do you need a scale to confirm what you already know??
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    you're getting studlier, turn that frown upside down
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Im gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

boomingno is offline Member
    Yeah c'mon, thats great! I have a pair of jeans that I couldn't button 2 years ago that I can now button, but are uncomfortably tight on my legs... Thank you primal blueprint and heavy squats

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    The first time it happened I was frustrated. Three weeks with no change on the scale, my food log giving no clue what was causing the stall and yet I could tell my pants were getting looser. Then, BAM, I lost weight every day for several days in a row, sometimes as much as a pound a day. It's happened a number of times now and I almost kind of like it. It's so mysterious.

You're close enough to goal that it may be mostly fits and starts. Just enjoy your looser pants.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Weight is just a number, body composition is sooooo much more important! If your pants are looser, you've lost FAT and that's great, even if it doesn't show up on the scale!!

I think sometimes we have this idea that "I have X amount to lose" (maybe to get back to an old weight or our "ideal" weight or something) and yet because we're working out and gaining muscle, we don't realise that what we believe is our ideal weight is actually too low given the amount of muscle we have grown.

I'd say it's best to stop focussing on a particular weight, and look more at body fat percentage!

ulnauy is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Moose View Post
    ...when your clothes are looser, but the damn scale won't go down..grrr...................bad day and need to rant. Over and out.
    Muscle weighs more than fat. Higher BMI (up to 27 or 28) is correlated with longevity. Weight doesn't mean much IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast