Thread: IF timing and calories for weight loss page

Loukia Maria is offline Junior Member

IF timing and calories for weight loss

Primal Fuel
    Let's assume that we have found the 'sweet spot' for timing IF (e.g. we can sustain hunger and even extend a little bit the fasting). If we consume around 300 kcal less than we need for maintenance and these calories constitute only one meal, then is it possible to expect weight loss? My maintenance calories are around 1800 and I consume around 1400 in one meal sometimes after 24 hours fasting and sometimes after 16. Can I expect weight loss? Theoretically, since these 16 or 24 hours I fast, my body uses fat to fuel its functions and hence, it entails fat loss. Is it consistent with reality?
    The truly creative mind in any field is no more than this: A human creature born abnormally, inhumanely sensitive. To thema touch is a blow, a sound is a noise, a misfortune is a tragedy, a joy is an ecstasy, a friend is a lover, a lover is a god, and failure is death. Pearl Buck

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Sounds right to me. I've been doing a 16/8 for almost 3 weeks now and not even every single day and I'm losing weight eating at what should theoretically be maintenance. My hope was to find a way to painlessly reduce my total consumption, but it hasn't worked out that way, lol. I am wondering if my modest fasting interval has actually had such a positive effect on my metabolism that my maintenance level is now higher.

I'll be interested to see what more experienced IFers have to say.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Sounds ok, although, if you're exercising, you might want to eat closer to maitinance on those days and let your exercise create the caloric deficit.

I myself, am a fan of eating once a day because I spend less time in the kitchen and worrying about food. It just seems much more natural to me. I workout fasted and I eat in the evening.

But regardless of how often you eat, once, twice, three times, or more, just eart a healthy primal diet and things will fall into place.