Thread: Balanced hormones page

Goddess is offline Junior Member

Balanced hormones

Primal Fuel
    When hormones are not in some semblance of balance in the body, results from PB or any diet plan are decreased. Do you feel bioidentical hormones are a viable option for your senior clients/friends? I speak of the over 50 years of age crowd.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goddess View Post
    Do you feel bioidentical hormones are a viable option for your senior clients/friends? I speak of the over 50 years of age crowd.
    What is a bioidentical hormone?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goddess View Post
    When hormones are not in some semblance of balance in the body, results from PB or any diet plan are decreased. Do you feel bioidentical hormones are a viable option for your senior clients/friends? I speak of the over 50 years of age crowd.
    BHRT is one part of the equation that helped me get healthy. Estradiol, specifically, helped with horrible insomnia, body aches, and bone density.

Goddess is offline Junior Member
    Many anti-aging physicians are promoting a diet very similar to the PB plan. They are also optimizing estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, etc. levels in the body to the same levels a person had at around age 30. This is not to look young, but more for disease prevention. The future of medicine?? One can only hope...