Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Breaking Conventional Wisdom page 6

Little Women is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Do you have time to read semi-technical stuff? Gary Taubes' book Good Calories, Bad Calories is both interesting and eye-opening. He talks about what is actually known from decades of research, what is myth, and how politics was involved in what "everyone knows."

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    I won't deny cooking up a steak for myself for lunch while the rest of the fam is at school or work.

Planning food is essential to this way of eating. Planning your food is not the same as obsessing about food. I really dont get cravings. More often I spend half the day with my mouth watering thinking about the fantastic meal I'll be making later.
    Sandra, I love your approach. And I know what you mean about looking forward to your next meal. Great isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Here's my opinion for whatever it's worth.
    Go ketogenic, very low carb for a couple of weeks or so. Just eat fats, proteins and a little bit of vegetable carbs. It will regulate your apetite and help you rid of sugar cravings.
    Then after a while just eat any primal foods that you like, not necessarily that low carb anymore. Eat, sleep, move around a lot. Repeat.
    Graycat, I love the way you put this so simply. It works well.

BigBipper is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Women View Post
    Do you have time to read semi-technical stuff? Gary Taubes' book Good Calories, Bad Calories is both interesting and eye-opening. He talks about what is actually known from decades of research, what is myth, and how politics was involved in what "everyone knows."
    Absolutely. I love to read. I will be sure to gobble this up...with butter of course.
    Get busy Groking or get busy dying. That's damn right!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456