Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Since starting PB, I'm getting really wrinkly...help? page 6

Rig D is offline Senior Member
    Dayton, OH, but "home" is Carolinas/Georgia
    Primal Fuel
    I've lost about 40, (male,65) and have accumulated a bunch of wrinkles on lower stomach, inside of thighs. Did research on MDA on this, found a couple of posts that indicated that there is still residual fat sitting there, with the implied recommendation that just keep on keeping on and it will eventually mitigate. That was a month or so ago and I think my stomach area is shaping up, legs not so good. I know its not face/hands, but maybe the same will apply.

MattyH is offline Junior Member
    that crepey skin is pretty creepy. But seriously, I've found moisturizing to be crucial. No soap, wash with plain water and maybe a splash of lemon juice, then while your skin is still damp, moisturize like mad. I use coconut oil from neck down, and avocado from neck up (coconut causes blackheads, also can aggravate excema, although in lots of people it helps, go figure).

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Dee, just wondering - do you eat dairy?
    Not often. I'm technically allergic to dairy- it gives me hives, stomach pain, migraine. However I can tolerate small amounts of cheese so I do have some of that occasionally, but I never eat yogurt, milk, sour cream, etc. Just cheese, and probably butter occasionally since it's possible restaurants are cooking with it.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

[QUOTE=noodletoy;1100004]

what you're describing sounds like "crepey" skin? found this on the web:

That is very similar to what is happening to my skin, yes.

Ok, I think a picture would help. When I started PB in November, I had a smile line on either side of my mouth, and mild crows feet at the corner of my eyes, but my skin was otherwise smooth. Since starting PB, I have these fine lines all over my face (and hands) like so. I use the same moisturizer as always, same cleansing process as always. The changes seem too quick and dramatic to simply be age. I didn't age that much in 3 months, I wouldn't have thought?

Last edited by EagleRiverDee; 02-19-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Loobyloo is offline Junior Member
    Virgin coconut oil! Eat it and use it on your face - amazing stuff. I have been moisturing with it at night before I go to bed (because I don't want to smell like a coconut at work ) and already notice a difference, especially in the crepey area under my eyes. Worth a shot?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    The reason why so many low carb people complain about saggy skin after losing weight is that so many of them are more successful losing weight than through conventional dieting. It makes people coming off failed low-fat diets feel better thinking that even though they are fatter than ever, at least they have saved themselves from the dreaded loose skin and crinkles.

I just found an old picture of myself and my daughter from almost 10 years ago. I can't believe the double chin I had in that picture. It seemed to take up the entire lower half of my face. So I have a few crinkles under my jawline now. I look older in some ways, but I am older. But I have a jawline!

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=EagleRiverDee;1101031]Ok, I think a picture would help. When I started PB in November, I had a smile line on either side of my mouth, and mild crows feet at the corner of my eyes, but my skin was otherwise smooth. Since starting PB, I have these fine lines all over my face (and hands) like so. I use the same moisturizer as always, same cleansing process as always. The changes seem too quick and dramatic to simply be age. I didn't age that much in 3 months, I wouldn't have thought?

[/

I'm 40 and if I didn't know better i would think it was my hand and face. Funny thing is, I think we look great. I don't use soap, and just use water to rinse off my face unless I really made myself up..then, I use a face wipe. I only use coconut oil for moisturizer and that is as needed. I do use a good quality sunscreen Elta MD SPF 45. I tried not using it last summer, and it was a mistake. I'm noticing the sunspots on my face are getting lighter, very exciting!
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

firemanswife is offline Junior Member
    Okay here's my 2 cents worth. I started eating better 3 years ago. Lower carb and no dyes and perservatives if I could help it. Lost weight. 170 down to 140. Skin started looking like and old lady...I am 50. At any rate. Felt better so decided to stick with the clean eating. Then in July of last year went primal. Skin saggy and wrinkly all over. (Sorry for the visual.) Quit using soap. I use an unscented Dove equivalent on the body, low sulfate shampoo and only almond oil on my face. I live in FL, have most of my life. I have noticed a miraculous change. My skin looks awesome and I DO NOT burn. I spent 2 hours out in the sun a couple of weeks ago, at the grill cooking 3 pounds of bacon. I barely browned up. No sunscreen etc.
    Your skin is very instrumental in the desposition of toxins from your body as you lose weight. Your liver, kidneys and skin are dealing with the toxins that go along with that. Bottom line be kind to yourself and your skin. Try adding some antioxident supplements to your diet. Antioxidents are the garbagemen of the supplement world. I would stick with the tried and true not the new fangled. Give it time. I have had cracked skin on my heels since I was in my early 30's. I always thought it was because of going barefoot. Not so. It was apparently because of inflamation. Who knew! My heels look better now at 50 than they have in years and I rarely use any sort of moisturizer on them.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Maybe it's a combo of sagging skin from weight loss + body dumping toxins through the skin. I do take antioxidants daily.

Thanks for the add'l feedback. I'm hoping things firm up again. I added a good hand moisturizer so at least my hands don't look like parchment paper any more. Still looking for a solution for all the fine lines on my face. I'll try the almond oil and coconut oil as facial moisturizers as suggested and see if that helps. Thanks everyone.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast