Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Since starting PB, I'm getting really wrinkly...help? page 5

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Botox is NOT all there is left
    But Botox works very well for specific areas- scowl lines. I used to always look mad, lol. However, it works by relaxing muscle, not improving skin.

Result: you've deflated the balloon of water, fat, and muscle under your skin, and some wrinkles have appeared. It'll take time for your skin to "tighten up" over the new, smaller substrate...longer and longer as you age.
    I'm PRAYING this is accurate. My arms are alarmingly saggy now. The skin is just not reshrinking. I have good muscles, but the skin just hangs. LOL, maybe I'll start peeling my arms instead of my face.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    BOTOX - I can not understand why somebody would want to inject bacteria (bacterium Clostridium botulinum) under their skin ????
    Can someone explain to Gwamma - please
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    BOTOX - I can not understand why somebody would want to inject bacteria (bacterium Clostridium botulinum) under their skin ????
    Can someone explain to Gwamma - please
    I think there are some actual medical uses for botox but for vanity purposes I would never do it. I also have no intention of every dying my hair (which is still a natural brown, for now with just a few greys). I do have some vanity but would rather address it through diet/exercise/sunlight. No drugs, no injections, no surgery.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

I scowl-a lot, without it. It causes some tension headaches and, well, I look pissed off all the time. Botox is safe and proven to be so, as well as temporary. I use it for vanity, but I can tell when I am due- I get tension headaches. It is a safe product, with additional therapeutic uses. It is not a painful process.

Totally not grok like, primal or natural. But not something that I feel puts my health at risk and it improves my appearance. I don't consider it to be any worse than dying my hair.

I do have some vanity but would rather address it through diet/exercise/sunlight.
    LOL, I wish that diet/exercise and sunlight could help scowl lines, but alas it doesn't. The funny thing is that I don't notice them on other people. But people used to notice them on me.

catdance62 is offline Senior Member
    I'm not gonna lie--I get Botoxed (at a licensed dermatologist's office, not some fly-by-night thing). I used to look mad all the time and there were fine lines around my mouth (I smoked, but only for 3 years and that was 30 years ago). It's a quick and easy fix and it makes me more confident about myself. I am a pretty confident person, but I don't want people thinking I am mad all the time.
    That said, I also dye my hair--I don't like this in-between business. If I woke up tomorrow and my whole head was white (my "grey" hair is coming in white), I would be cool with that. It's just the in-between stuff make me look dull.
    Other than that, i just use glycolic acid on my face regularly because I have patchy brown spots if I dont. And no, they aren't cute little freckles splashed across my nose!

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Magnolia1973- I think yours falls under what I defined as "medical" because you get headaches. And I'm not knocking anyone for doing it for vanity reasons, I just don't think I ever will.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Dee, just wondering - do you eat dairy?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    am a pretty fair-skinned redhead who has been eating lchf for 3.5 years. i am also 49 and spent MANY summers baking in the sun. i am far less wrinkly than most of my friends and most people think i am barely 40.

what you're describing sounds like "crepey" skin? found this on the web:

tca-peel-crepey-skin.jpg

my grandmother, with alabaster white skin that had gone quite crepey, had a peel years back and looked great after it healed.

also, once i stopped using cleansers of any kind on my face, i stopped needing moisturizers. go figure.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been thinking about your question for several days. I haven't replied because my own personal experience has been different. I slowly gained weight from 20 - 60. No lines in my face but I went from 124 to 187 lbs. That's a lot of fat. Next I began to exercise. That did nothing. After retirement I went on a CW diet (Jennie Craig) and lost 50 lbs. That caused wrinkles all over but not the fine-line kind, rather the lots of flabby crease kind. I thought that with time my skin would shrink-up, but it never did. 60 is too old for skin shrinkage. But at 39 it should shrink up very well I think. Hopefully what you're seeing is just the first stage of skin shrinkage. I don't know what might improve the elasticity of skin.

I've noticed that different skins age differently. Thin skin seems to wrinkle quickly, thick skin slowly or not at all. I was amazed when I visited the Nubian area above the Aswan Dam in Egypt. The Nubians seem not to age at all. No wrinkles, no drooping chin skin of face wrinkles, no receeding hair lines nor hair thinning, nothing but slower movement and perhaps some slight stooping shows their age. Of course they are in very hot sun all the time. It made me wonder if all signs of age are genetic.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast