Thread: Back to Stay! page

RunAwayRocket is offline Junior Member

Back to Stay!

Shop Now
    Hello - I have been here before. It's been nearly two years since I have posted anything on this forum. And a lot transpired in that time frame. So lets get to it.

My first Primal Adventure began nearly 2 years ago, around this time. When My girlfriend and I of 8 years decided we should get married, being we had already had 3 children together (i know.... i know)... I had made up my mind that it was time to get into some sort of shape. You know, to look good for my bride to be. I successfully pulled of the PB between the Months of March thru Mid-May. The wedding day was May 14th... I had successfully dropped my weight down from 325 to about 285. I was amazed at the progress I had made. However, my progress was only short lived. I had met my goal of looking better for my wedding. And had nothing further to look at as a motivation to become healthy. I unfortunately forgot my primal way. And soon the pounds crept on back. And the lack of motivation, commitment, and pride was gone.

I had for the next two years just ate anything I wanted to. Didn't workout, didn't sleep well, become overly stressed. And before I knew it I was back up to a whomping 327 pounds. And at 5'9, 327 pounds doesn't shape your body all that well. It wasn't until recently, I began to notice extreme fatigue. My drive to work (in Houston) everyday is about 45 minutes to hour. Which equates to about 48 miles one way. I would notice myself loosing concentration, and get the sudden feeling of shock (kind of like that feeling when your laying in bed, and all of the sudden you feel like everything has been slipped out from underneath you and your falling), which frightened me. So I went to the doctor to see what might be causing this. It was noted that it maybe occurring from some sinus issues that I have been experiencing. Strong sinus pressure can lead to light headedness. However my doctor felt I needed to go to a sleep study. So I did, the most absolutely horrible experience a person can go through. I told my wide I would rather be waterboarded then have to sleep with 800 wires hanging off my face and body again. Well the results came back, and they showed that I suffered from moderate sleep apnea. The doc wanted me to rush and jump on a assistant breathing machine ASAP! I declined.

Which leads me to now. I have been back on the PB since the 21st of January. I have gone from 327 down to 317. And am back to working out regularly. I do a 30 minute moderate workout on an elliptical machine. And then in the evenings I do a Crossfit @ home WOD that I found online. I can tell you that I am feeling better already. My stomach doesn't protrude out like a stuffed pig anymore. And my emotions and stress levels are not a wreck, presently... lol.... I have set goal milestones this time around. And have come to terms with myself that this is a life change. Not just a quick fix to my fata$$ ways...

Today, I started to implement fasting into my diet. I have decided to introduce whole solid day of fasting a week, and go from there. I know it may not be as much fasting as some. But the way I figure it, is today I am hunting for tomorrows, and next weeks meal, until the next hunt!

I can stress how proud I am of myself so far. Its a struggle that is getting easier and easier. And I know with a strong mind, believing in myself and the PB, that one day I will be a success story!
    I believe that one defines oneself by reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself. To cut yourself out of stone. - Henry Rollins

Having goals is important I've found when it comes to sticking with a healthy way of life, even if they are just little goals. It gives you something to work towards, and then the sense of accomplishment keeps you running the course.

It just comes down to figuring out what works for you, and sometimes that is a roller coaster because what once worked might not work anymore and then you have to figure out how to tweak things to get the results that you want.

It takes time, but it is worth it

RunAwayRocket is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I must say that fasting is a great booster in weight loss. Last night before I went to bed. I was at 317. Today after work, after fasting all day I weighed in at 314.7. Fantastic results after just one day.
    I believe that one defines oneself by reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself. To cut yourself out of stone. - Henry Rollins