Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Hate the Taste of Fish...What Can I Do?!? page 2

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I agree with Joaniet. Make sure you're getting enough Omega-3 to balance your Omega-6 intake, and that you're taking a really good Omega-3; I've found that a lot of them upset my stomach, and with good reason, many have soy or soybean oil in them.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    CRON-O-Meter: Track nutrition & count calories is one that's okay. If a food you eat isn't in their database, you can google that food and then put its nutritional profile in with the "Add Food" function. It will always show up for you after that. It's a little quirky sometimes, so other posters may know of better trackers.

May I extend my thanks to those who don't like fish/seafood everywhere - more for me!

Also, just to gross people out a little more, I believe that the nearest land dwelling relative to things like lobster, shrimp, and crawfish is.... wait for it....

The Cockroach!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    CRON-O-Meter: Track nutrition & count calories is one that's okay. If a food you eat isn't in their database, you can google that food and then put its nutritional profile in with the "Add Food" function. It will always show up for you after that. It's a little quirky sometimes, so other posters may know of better trackers.

May I extend my thanks to those who don't like fish/seafood everywhere - more for me!

Also, just to gross people out a little more, I believe that the nearest land dwelling relative to things like lobster, shrimp, and crawfish is.... wait for it....

The Cockroach!

Haha, people think im crazy for calling lobster and crab giant sea bugs. Cant stand shellfish.

I like nutritiondata.com, has an amazing nutrient breakdown. Just ignore the inflammation meter.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Haha, people think im crazy for calling lobster and crab giant sea bugs.
    No, lobster and crab are giant sea bugs. You're crazy for a whole different bunch of reasons

NickBall is offline Member
    Tilapia I can choke down but it is still unpleasant. Occassionally I will cook it for my wife who loves fish. Thanks for the tip.

NickBall is offline Member
    Everyone thanks for the input and the great ideas. NO MORE SALMON FOR ME YEAH!!!!! I'll just continue with grass-fed beef, sea bugs, eggs, the occassional can of sardines, and supplements.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    I definitely agree you shouldn't force yourself to eat something you hate. And I can relate because all my life I've hated visible fat on meat. IMO, it tastes and feels nasty. I haven't given up on it though, people change, I might change. I have gotten to the point that a very thin layer of soft fat on a large bite of meat sometimes does sort of add to the flavor. I never thought that would happen.

Be open to the possibility that you might feel differently about fish one day. You don't have to actually admit to anyone that you're not firmly committed to hating fish forever.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

breadsauce is online now Senior Member
    Have you tried smoked fish? like smoked haddock - I had some pieces of smoked haddock wrapped in bacon and grilled, served on a bed of spinach with a cheese sauce poured over, baked until sizzling and a poached egg plopped on top of that. It was amazing... Not really fishy at all.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    If you hate the taste of fish and still want to eat it, put it into a soup and use a lot of hot chili or tabasco sause and other flavorings as well, and presto no more fish taste...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12