Thread: not your normal headache - anyone else have this odd symptom? page

leah_2.0 is offline Junior Member

Unhappy not your normal headache - anyone else have this odd symptom?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi, all -

I've been slowly transitioning in the past month - first by eliminating starch, which was a hurdle. And now, a week after eliminating milk, yogurt, and random sugars, I've experienced another brief bout of carb flu. And that's been manageable, but the lingering headache is WEIRD.

I know the headaches are common, and can be treated with x, y and z, but does anyone else feel like their actual skull hurts? It's not like a migraine or a sit-at-the-computer or even a hangover ache. It hurts when I rub my scalp, like when I'm in the shower. Sometimes on one side of my head, sometimes the other. Reminiscent of the kind of headache I used to get when I restricted on calories too much, but I am deffffinitely eating plenty of food.

anyone else experiencing this /type/ of ache?

PrimalWriter is offline Member
    Nope, but I get similar but not identical headaches when I'm dehydrated. Also, is it possible you've coincidentally picked up a virus of some sort that your MD should look at? Last, but did you replace with "safe" sugars like agave, which isn't so safe for at least some people? I get severe headaches if I have something with agave sweetener....

Last, but not least--and perhaps the weirdest possibility: without the sugar and gluten interference, is it possible that you're now noticing an allergy to something in your environment? Just a few thoughts....
    My primal journal: My journey, goals, recipes, random thoughts on primal and SAD.

It's all about the journey. How we get there is at least as important as where we end up.