Thread: Push ups. page

Push ups.

Shop Now
    I have read Mark's new piece on the homepage about pushups. The only thing I noticed is that there is one deviation missed. A fellow work mate of mine several years ago had been incarcerated in Parchman prison in Mississippi. He told me that some of the inmates had big built barrel chest. He said,they never used weights. All they did was, what in the prison the called,"Prison Pushups". All it entailed was,using 2 gallon size paint cans. One under each hand. Then do a regular push up,except when you go down, go past the tops of the cans and touch your chest to the floor. I have tried it before and it is tough. I guess if you are in prison though you can accomplish it pretty easy since you basically have nothing else to do. Just thought I'd share this variation of the push up with all of you.
    Start date 1/28/13--Height 5'11" Weight 260 lbs. Goal weight 175 lbs.

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    very cool. Thanks for sharing! Paint cans are about a foot high you think? That's a large deficeit!
    ad astra per aspera

Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    very cool. Thanks for sharing! Paint cans are about a foot high you think? That's a large deficeit!
    Your welcome. It does make them a lot harder and do you feel it the next day.
    Start date 1/28/13--Height 5'11" Weight 260 lbs. Goal weight 175 lbs.