Thread: In trouble? Maybe? page

cyberglyph is offline Junior Member

Smile In trouble? Maybe?

Shop Now
    I have been doing paleo for about 2 months now. I love the lifestyle change, but recently every time I step on the scale its seems to be going down pretty fast is this normal? Its almost scary. I do some weight lifting but not too much right now. Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon and veggies about 10-12 brussel sprouts or steamed veggies. My lunch and dinner is what ever I can grab that is paleo at home salad with tuna (from a can I know). for instance 2 weeks ago i was 165 naked in the morning and today is 160? Is this cool?! Im pretty worried about this. Also I work as a janitor evenings, I walk, stoop, bend, pick up stuff, and many lifting etc for about 6 hours a night. Any advice would be helpful.

PS. I have had some trouble with constipation. before paleo every day! now once every 2-3 days? What gives. Sorry I know TMI. Just trying to figure out if this is the way to go.

Thanks!

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Do you need to lose? If you have a lot to lose, it is pretty normal to lose fast in the beginning. Are you eating plenty of veggies?

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    That isn't all that fast and is probably water weight. You might want to eat more food if weight loss isn't your goal. Your intestinal microbes have more to do with constipation than anything and they probably aren't happy with your diet change. They'll come around.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    In the beginning it's pretty common to lose quickly, most of it is water weight. Re: constipation, try eating fermented foods and adding magnesium to your diet.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    2-3 lbs of weight loss a week is considered optimal by most. More than that, you're going to fast. So you sound about right to me...assuming you have weight to lose.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

cyberglyph is offline Junior Member
    I do apologize , I am trying to lose weight, get down to where I look very good. Still a little around the gut and legs. How do I increase the gut flora? I haven't read anything about that yet.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberglyph View Post
    I do apologize , I am trying to lose weight, get down to where I look very good. Still a little around the gut and legs. How do I increase the gut flora? I haven't read anything about that yet.
    But a probiotic. They're expensive. But I've wasted money and health improvement by trying to save money. I'd recommend either Mark's Primal Flora or Garden of Health. Also eat fermented foods (sauerkraut and Kimchi) and/or buy Enzymes.