Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weight loss stalling! Please help page

dmcb24 is offline Junior Member

Weight loss stalling! Please help

Primal Fuel
    Hi I a, a 37 year old female, 5'0 weighing in at 126. I started at 132 on Jan 1 2013. I haven't lost any weight in 2 weeks! Please help me find out why.

I work out 5-6 days a week doing spin class, cardio machines, and weight lifting.

My typical day of eating is:

2 cups of coffee w 2 splendas in each and heavy cream (3 tablespoons in each cup)

Sometimes I'll have an Atkins bar if I am still hungry.

Lunch: usually a meat and veggie with butter or olive oil.

Snack: cheese or avacado

Dinner: meat and a veggie made with olive oil or butter

I also drink 2-3 glasses of crystal light. Water just bores me at a certain point.

I average around 1500-1700 cals a day. My carbs are usually at 20-30 g and my fats are at 100g or so.

Please help me get back into weight loss mode. I feel great but gotta get these last 10 lbs off me!

Thanks!!
    Last edited by dmcb24; 02-07-2013 at 03:53 AM.

tiva is offline Junior Member
    Well, you'll get a range of advice. Lots of folks here will suggest that you increase your starches, since that seems to be getting popular here.

If I were you, I'd start by:
    -cutting way back on cardio and spinning. Focus on weight lifting. Check out Mark's advice on cardio
    -eliminate those Atkins bars. They're not real food.
    -eliminate the crystal light. Nutrasweet is nasty stuff. If you don't like plain water, add a little lemon juice. Crushed ginger is great too. If you absolutely long for sweetener, try stevia in small amounts.
    -eat salmon and eggs, coconut oil, cod liver oil, bone broths.

If that's still not working, I'd consider Mark's advice on starches, carbing up briefly, and leptin resets (stick those terms in the search box at the top of the website).

Good luck!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Do I understand that you have lost some weight, just not in the last two weeks? If so, that is completely normal. Relax. Your eating looks good except for the Atkins bar and the Crystal Light(note, any 'foods' that need to be capitalized to show copyright, are almost certainly NOT primal. )

It does seem like a lot of exercise. Is that regular, or new for you.

Concentrate on the feeling great and just keep on. Two weeks is too soon to call it a plateau.

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    I'll third skip the Splenda, Crystal Light, and Atkins bars. Eat real food not poison! The sweeteners stimulate the release of insulin regardless of whether they are low cal. Reread the book. And it could be as simple as where you are in your cycle, but really ditch the crap fake food.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Do I understand that you have lost some weight, just not in the last two weeks? If so, that is completely normal. Relax. Your eating looks good except for the Atkins bar and the Crystal Light(note, any 'foods' that need to be capitalized to show copyright, are almost certainly NOT primal. )

Concentrate on the feeling great and just keep on. Two weeks is too soon to call it a plateau.
    ^ THIS x1000000.

Seriously... take a breath. Two weeks of stalled weight loss is nothing!! Weight fluctuates and stays stagnant for a number of reasons out of your control: normal hormone fluctuation (ovulation, period, etc.), the amount of sodium you're consuming, the amount of water you're drinking (or not drinking), the amount of alcohol you drink, the stress you're under... all day-to-day and week-to-week. Don't fret and just stay the course!

I also agree that the processed garbage you're eating needs to go! Crystal light, Atkins products, Splenda... these are definitely not Primal and not healthy! If you read the PB or any posts in Mark's blog, the first step in getting to a healthy life is ditching the processed junk!

The last 10 are the hardest to get off, and over-exercising and stressing out will not help it budge without causing harm to your body and mind.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I'd eat a real breakfast, and skip the Atkins bar. Processed foods are crap foods and shouldn't go in your body. I'd also dump the crystal lite. If you don't like water, try tea. There are some teas that taste fantastic without any sweeteners. There's some science now that is saying that many artificial sweeteners still fool our body into releasing insulin but since there's no actual sugar it causes your sugar to crash and then you're hungry so you eat.

If you cut out the sweet stuff for a while, pretty soon you'll find that your sense of taste begins noticing the most subtle sweetness in things. I can now taste the natural sweetness in almond milk and soy milk, for example (the unsweetened versions). Licorice root tea tastes super sweet to me and I love the natural sweetness in Tazo's organic Apple Red Tea.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

BurritoJimmy is offline Junior Member
    You have a lot of added fats in there you could easily get rid of.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BurritoJimmy View Post
    You have a lot of added fats in there you could easily get rid of.
    Uh...are you on the right forum?

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Uh...are you on the right forum?
    My thoughts exactly... O_o
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Charley is offline Member

I agree completely. Be patient, it took me a good year to be solid and maintain my goal weight. Tho' I had more to lose than you. I am also 5' nothing but 52 yrs old. Also, the scale is not the best judge of progress. Take joy in knowing you are implementing a healthy lifestyle and those changes will be evident. Keep charging

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast