Thread: new job has given me the blues & too much diet coke! page

denisedb is offline Member

new job has given me the blues & too much diet coke!

Primal Fuel
    New and needed job started this Monday for me to do for a few months while husband finishes school. Very grateful for the income but real down from missing my young sons.
    My rebellion is coming out not in sugar or carbs, but diet coke! the fridge is stocked with it. and i'm just so sad I don't give a damn...just trying not break down and eat ice cream!

So, any advice on how to not fall off the wagon during the hard times we all hit?

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Try to see eating well as a way of nurturing yourself. Drowning in diet coke is just more punishment.

Whereas primal food can be one treat after another if you approach it right. For example,

You can make a very yummy primal softserve icecream by blending banana, frozen berries and cream.

Best wishes, I feel for you and hope you come out of this time stronger in all ways.

denisedb is offline Member
    Thank you! It's so true there are lots of yummy primal treats. It's the nurturing myself that will probably pull me through. Thanks for the kind words.

peril is offline Senior Member
    It wasn't your job
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I'm reminded of the old saying that revenge is poison you take in an attempt to kill someone else. In your case, it seems a fairly literal statement of what you are doing.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3