Thread: What should someone with insulin resistance and or PCOS consume? page

niah is offline Junior Member

What should someone with insulin resistance and or PCOS consume?

Basically I went no starch, no fruit, no sugar, no dairy for a week. Then I was super hungry and I ended up eating rice and I am gluten sensitive and had a banana and my stomach felt horrid and I threw up and then I ended up eating a burger and ginger snaps and chocolate. I did exercise and everything to balance it out, some toning and things. I just feel like a fat failure. I don't know what to do, if I should eat fruit I love it so. It's just so overwhelming I feel like now I will gain a hundred pounds or something! I'm around 158-161 after the 7 days but God knows what I weigh now! What should I do!!!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    did you eat any meat and leafy greens?

What about cooking in coconut oil?

Just a little coconut oil mostly protein powder, almond milk, spinach, tomatoes, and turkey and turkey slices

lemontwisst is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by niah View Post
    What should I do!!!
    Step one: Actually read The Primal Blueprint so you have an idea of what it entails.

Step two: Stop freaking out and be reasonable. You aren't going to be able to help yourself transition into a primal lifestyle if you're stressing out about missteps. You won't 'gain a hundred pounds or something'.

Eat meat, good fat and loads of veggies. Have a bit of fruit, but have less if you're trying to lose weight. If your stomach feels horrid, don't stuff it with garbage; logic would say that won't help it out.

Thanks you guys, I feel better. I think the issue here was is that I tried to limit fat because of a person on tv said no fruit, starch, or fat. That's where it went array.

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by niah View Post
    Then I was super hungry and I ended up eating rice and I am gluten sensitive and had a banana and my stomach felt horrid and I threw up and then I ended up eating a burger and ginger snaps...!!!
    Confused. I'm coeliac, and rice doesn't have gluten. Rice is awesome.

...the burger and ginger snaps, I assume, probably did. But on the bright side, the banana didn't! There's nothing wrong with fruit, or dairy, or sugar or - especially not - starch unless you're allergic to that item (ie, lactose intolerant or a severe banana allergy). Everything in moderation.

What are your goals, exactly?