Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What gives? page

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member

What gives?

Primal Fuel
    About two hours ago, I ate six eggs cooked in a tablespoon of grass fed butter. Now, my blood sugar feels really low, and (unless it's the low blood sugar messing with my satiety signals) I feel starving.

Any ideas why this might be? Thats 520 pure, primal calories -- mostly fat, moderate protein, almost no carb. Shouldn't my blood sugar be stable, and my belly full?

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Perhaps there's something else nutritional you are missing?

Do you feel the same way when you eat beef liver?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

My guess is you need more fat, if I eat just eggs I'm ravenous as all hell, wanting to eat everything in sight, as well as pure cranky and exhausted.

Maybe scale back on the eggs, add in sausage or bacon, or cheese or sour cream.

Stripes79 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal Betty View Post
    This always does it for me!

My guess is you need more fat, if I eat just eggs I'm ravenous as all hell, wanting to eat everything in sight, as well as pure cranky and exhausted.

About how many grams of fat do you eat per meal? I assumed that 40 grams was a pretty high amount.

For me I've found that eating twice a day works best for me and a good percentage of my fat goes towards breakfast (typically I have 17 hours between dinner and breakfast)

My breakfast lately consists of around 90 grams of fat

For me I've found that eating twice a day works best for me and a good percentage of my fat goes towards breakfast (typically I have 17 hours between dinner and breakfast)

My breakfast lately consists of around 90 grams of fat
    I'm aiming for two meals a day, too, and it's going great! I'm just having trouble hitting that many grams of fat without dairy... im only eating grass fed butter right now, but am considering adding in heavy cream/mascarpone/sour cream as easy fat sources.

mind if i ask -- where are you getting that much fat?

tarek is offline Senior Member
    How tall are you, how much do you weigh, how old are you, and what's your activity level?

Being 22 years-old, 5'11", and 170 pounds, if I were to eat just 500 calories, I would feel hungry again within the hour. Personally, I don't feel full until I've eaten around 2,000 - 3,000 calories, but that's probably because I've been eating one meal a day for a while now.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    One of the best ways I incorporate lots of fat into a meal is avocado! I love making breakfast scrambles with 2 eggs, 1/2 avocado, 2-3 slices of uncured bacon, onions, and spinach. (Sometimes, when in season, I'll add some cubed squash, too!) For lunch tomorrow, I'm having tuna, half an avocado and two boiled eggs over spinach with a homemade ranch (made from coconut cream).
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

My breakfast right now is three eggs, scrambled in two tablespoons butter, two tablespoons cream cheese, four sausage links, 1 ounce creme fraiche. It works out to 90 grams of fat, 5 carbs, and I believe 35 grams of protein and falls at around 980 calories

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast