Thread: Need more soluble -methyl cellulose or foods page

Momto3 is offline Senior Member

Question Need more soluble -methyl cellulose or foods

Shop Now
    I've just returned from the Dr and she suggested Citucel to help slow down my bowels. I am having chronic loose stools, gas and bloating. I've been primal for almost three years, digestive issues all my life. 2 weeks ago I cut out any remaining sugar and went through a few detox symptoms. I had hoped it would help with digestion, but it seems to have triggered more troubles.

Citucel is methyl cellulose. Gluten free, but not "natural". I'm looking for foods high in soluble fiber.

So far google has produced applesauce, rice, potatoes, sourdough bread.... and many other non primal foods. I'm hoping to keep carb content low. Is this possible? I kind of wonder if it would be better to supplement with the Citucel.

Thanks for your input.
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 146.8 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    All the curly, green leafy things are fairly high in soluble fiber. Kale seems to be loved the most, I really dislike it. Mustard greens, brocolli, cabbage, brussel sprouts, etc.

I wish we could average our bowels. I'm always constipated. Also, Calcium adds to constipation. Maybe take more of that.

peril is online now Senior Member
    Don't think you can get the soluble fibre without safe starches. Try rice and potatoes. Fear not
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Momto3 is offline Senior Member
    I found acacia powder. It's working great!
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 146.8 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

TeaLady is offline Junior Member
    Have you try Chia seeds or agar agar