Thread: Primal travel kit page

MikkiB is offline Senior Member

Primal travel kit

I apologize if this has been covered before - I'm not having much luck with the search function.

I will be traveling cross-country this week (Virginia to San Diego), and while I'm not concerned about finding primal meals once I'm there, I'm pretty sure that the airports and planes aren't going to provide much that I want to eat So my plan is to carry along a 'primal munchie kit' in my carry-on bag.

My ideas so far are:
    water
    macadamia nuts
    beef jerky
    string cheese, babybel cheese
    salami? (good for fats but not so much for the nitrates)

Any other ideas for portable food that will pass security?
    thanks!

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Pemmican

LX
    LX is offline Senior Member
    Unless you're planning on buying the water after you get through security, just bring an empty bottle and fill it up at a water fountain once you get to flight side.

darienx19 is offline Senior Member
    Pumpkin seeds, smoked polish sausage, fruit (I know some don't do it, but it's fair game for others). Or, before you leave for the airport, cook up 4 to 6 pieces of bacon, use the fat to cook up 3 or 4 eggs, and dump the whole thing on a plate. I add red hot (which mixes with the extra bacon fat to make buffalo sauce) or you can use some mild salsa if you don't like spicy. This meal makes it so I can go until late in the evening without anything except the occasional swig of water. Perhaps you could just use the trip to IF? bring a book or something to keep your mind occupied so you don't try and snack out of boredom though.

ooh yeah, pumpkin seeds .... I like the sausage idea, if I could get them through security ... but bacon in a baggie would probably work
    I'd thought about the IF idea too, but I'm fairly new to primal eating and wasn't sure that this would be the right environment for my first IF . However, it's always an, um, "unplanned option" LOL.

thanks!

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    I travel quite a bit for work myself, actually on the road as I type this. I carry a jar of Coconut Oil and a tupperware container of Mark's Coconut bars I made from the recipe on this forum. As another posted cited, I sometimes carry pemmican. These ideas, along with others in this thread, will keep you out of nasty airport restaurants and other unsightly eating situations.
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Thanks!

Big Dave is offline Senior Member
    I am traveling to the east coast next week so I will use some of these great ideas!
    Rangers Lead the Way, Hooah!

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Big Dave, make sure to order some Maine Lobstah if your in the vicinity
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes