Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eggs/Beans - a bit confused.... page

Lizard is offline Senior Member

Eggs/Beans - a bit confused....

Please help, earlier today I read a post on cleansing food and the post stated only to have eggs a few times per week then I read the post below???

14 Important Nutrient-Dense Supplemental Foods | Mark's Daily Apple

Same with beans - read a post in the begining of the first post to avoid bean and in the second post " Try beans"

Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
    SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
    CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
    GW: 130lbs

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    Are you talking about the main blogpost/article or the comments below it by random internet people?

Cuz mark specifically says in that
    Eat egg yolks every day
    If you are here, pay attention to what Mark says in the main blog post, the comments below it should be taken lightly.
    Last edited by specsAreGrok; 02-06-2013 at 11:56 AM.

specsAreGrok - no on the blogs, just trying to find the post again...That sounds good.

Restarted the journey:

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member
    I do recall in a budget eating article, beans being advocated. I think it literally said "Give beans a chance!"

I guessed it had something to do with Mark's evolution of knowledge over the years.

M.

Found it under Smart Fuel - Smart Fuel | Mark's Daily Apple - Part 10

- It’s not really a smart idea to eat eggs every day, because allergies can sometimes develop (this is true of many foods). But several eggs a week is genius.

Read more: Smart Fuel | Mark's Daily Apple - Part 10

The other question was beans - is that primal?? Avoid legumes in the intro info / Try beans in Smart fuel...
    Last edited by Lizard; 02-06-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Restarted the journey:

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    Ah, that is from 2007. Probaby decent warning though about allergy development. Its probably like MEversbergII said above, evolving knowledge base. Nice find though, perhaps a good idea for an "ask mark" blog entry. Give him a shout and ask him about it.
    Contact | Mark's Daily Apple

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post

- It’s not really a smart idea to eat eggs every day, because allergies can sometimes develop (this is true of many foods). But several eggs a week is genius.

Thx for the feedback, just trying to find the blog "try beans" - any info on that??

Restarted the journey:

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Please help, earlier today I read a post on cleansing food and the post stated only to have eggs a few times per week then I read the post below???

14 Important Nutrient-Dense Supplemental Foods | Mark's Daily Apple

Same with beans - read a post in the begining of the first post to avoid bean and in the second post " Try beans"

Here is a portion of the page you referenced:
    Egg yolks

Egg yolks are number one in my book. The way they blend effortlessly with other foods and even enrich them, and (if you get a really pastured one) provide unparalleled taste and mouthfeel when eaten straight out of the shell can’t be praised enough. The vitamin A, choline, folate, selenium, iodine, and omega-3 (again, if you get pastured) are rather nice, too. Eat egg yolks every day, just don’t smoke ‘em. Yes, that was a double reference to both the egg yolk/cigarette study and Dr. Dre.

Read more: 14 Important Nutrient-Dense Supplemental Foods | Mark's Daily Apple

Notice it says eat egg yolks every day. You can eat the whites with the yolks.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Eggs, as high quality and natural as you can get em, are one of the original primal foods eaten by Grok, that & insects. A completely self contained whole food source that sits waiting for you, doesn't fight or bite you, & as Mark states, has such mouth feel & is so good for the body. Eggs eaten every single day, & many of them too, for weeks & weeks ongoing, never caused me any negative health issues.

Beans are a different story, though when I was a vegetarian, I ate them every day as well. Properly soaked, rinsed & prepared, & eaten in moderation, they are "ok" in my estimation, but not as great as the health magazine articles would have you believe. I still eat beans when I feel like it at home (rarely, but if I do, its in Chilli or if I have a hankering for hummus), or in public (I am a Southerner, so it, baked beans, do appear on the table while dining with friends)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Here is a portion of the page you referenced:
    Egg yolks

Egg yolks are number one in my book. The way they blend effortlessly with other foods and even enrich them, and (if you get a really pastured one) provide unparalleled taste and mouthfeel when eaten straight out of the shell canít be praised enough. The vitamin A, choline, folate, selenium, iodine, and omega-3 (again, if you get pastured) are rather nice, too. Eat egg yolks every day, just donít smoke Ďem. Yes, that was a double reference to both the egg yolk/cigarette study and Dr. Dre.

Read more: 14 Important Nutrient-Dense Supplemental Foods | Mark's Daily Apple

Notice it says eat egg yolks every day. You can eat the whites with the yolks.
    Last edited by Betorq; 02-07-2013 at 02:25 AM.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thx for the reply's and info - much appreciated :-) I think aswell it was suggested to avoid to much eggs in the beginning to avoid food allergies. I see Mark also enjoys peas (Blog - Cleansing food), do they also fall under the legumes catogory? I do okay with beans, but won't have them too often, chickpeas is a different story ( get stomach cramps - might be to hard to digest, but hummus is fine)

Restarted the journey:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast