Thread: Are BCAA's Primal? page

Jianwa is offline Junior Member

Are BCAA's Primal?

Primal Fuel
    Hi Mark!

I'm a 58(next month) year old man who once upon a time was very active and athletic.
    Upon discontinuing my formal level of activity I gained weight due to poor eating habits.
    Along with that came the big 3. Diabetes, blood pressure, & cholesterol.

Last year I finally saw the light, and with the help of the Primal Blueprint and the Apple I've turned it around. I've lost between 35-40 lbs, and am nearly off all meds, just a little longer for blood pressure. and have been working out again for about 2 months. In the last 8-10 years I've lost a significant amount of muscle mass. I'd like to regain as much back as I can before too much time goes by because its harder to recapture as you age.
    I take a whey shake about once a day to help keep my protein intake up. I'm about 97-98 fully primal otherwise. I'm still trying to lose whatever excess fat I still have, I estimate about 25 or so. I'm currently 5'7" and 190 lbs. I was wondering if bcaa is remotely primal and/or if it would help regain some muscle mass.

Doug

Ollie is offline Senior Member
    Well you could use it after your workout to kick start protein synthises. But what will help you regain your muscle mass is hard training, appropriately dosed and a good diet.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Probably better for regaining musclemass is brewers yeast, try to take two scoops or 50 gram per day in milk. You can also try to mix it with BCAA. Brewers yeast will increase your appetite, so watch out...

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Probably better for regaining musclemass is brewers yeast, try to take two scoops or 50 gram per day in milk. You can also try to mix it with BCAA. Brewers yeast will increase your appetite, so watch out...
    In what way is Brewer's yeast better for regaining muscle mass than Branched Chain Amino Acids? Or do you just get a kick out of constantly making ridiculous claims in your posts?