Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Little bit of high fat dairy'??? page

GRIK is offline Junior Member

'Little bit of high fat dairy'???

Shop Now
    Just curious, he mentions some high fat dairy is approved on Primal Blueprint....I may have missed this in the book although I am extremely excited. What does this mean I can have (I assume sparingly)?

"Primal Blueprint Meal Plan
    The Primal Blueprint eating strategy is simple eat meat, fish, fowl, eggs, veggies, fruits, nuts and seeds, and a little bit of high-fat dairy."

dml
    dml is offline Senior Member
    My eggs this morning were cooked in grass-fed butter and I mixed in two tablespoons of heavy cream to make them a little bit richer.

I also eat limited quantities of high quality cheeses.

Others may provide completely different answers, and it depends on your personal tolerance of these foods.

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    In my case it means butter, double cream, soured cream, creme fraiche, yogurt (real, not the crappy store bought crap)and some farm cheeses. I would probably include milk if I could get it raw but its illegal in Scotland
    I get most of my stuff from the local dairy that makes there own cheese etc.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    It doesen't matter, just do as the usual crowd; put at stick of butter into your coffee and enjoy it with a nice piece of camembert...

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    I have always eaten dairy, cutting it out made no difference to my weight loss or feelings of health, though cheese is rather easy to over eat, like nuts so I do excersie caution with those.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Four words: Full. Fat. Greek. Yogurt.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    I would probably include milk if I could get it raw but its illegal in Scotland
    What?? That's crazy. Have you heard of Hook and Son? I believe they deliver to Scotland Here in London they were actually supplying to Selfridges, and then just today the Food Standards Agency have taken them to court...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I have a few ounces of cheese a week, and it doesn't seem to hinder my health or weight loss efforts.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Four words: Full. Fat. Greek. Yogurt.

What?? That's crazy. Have you heard of Hook and Son? I believe they deliver to Scotland Here in London they were actually supplying to Selfridges, and then just today the Food Standards Agency have taken them to court...
    Yeah, I looked into it but its really exspensive to get it shipped here. Id rather just spend the money on ribeyes
    I do sometimes get Sainsburys Jersey milk. Its pasturized, but not hominiged(sp?) mostly its my hubby that drinks it though.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Dairy is fine on PB, it's the paleo crowd that frowns upon it. If you like dairy and can eat it without impeding your own weight loss goals, go ahead. Just remember high fat dairy is really nutrient dense (like cheese) and easy to overeat without realizing it.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    If you can tolerate it, eat it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast