Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone use Greatlakes Gelatin? page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

Does anyone use Greatlakes Gelatin?

Shop Now
    It's pricey but it seems to be the high end of gelatin supplements - from pasture rared cows. Anyone try it?

Official Great Lakes Gelatin UK Stockist, Greatlakes Gelatin
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    I have it. Works well! But I've only used it to once to be fair. It's popular in RP circles, so I bought some. I plan to make gummies with it. hehe
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Yup. I make "jello" with fruit juice or add it to smoothies.

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    It's popular in RP circles
    Lol - really?! I found it independently of Peat! Although now that I think of it - looking for grass fed bovine gelatine was spurned by reading his article on pigs being fed corn, and what that does to their fat. My pork gelatine is now being used in the bath

Planning to add this to my yogurt in the mornings - figure it will be an easy way to get it in
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Lol - really?! I found it independently of Peat! Although now that I think of it - looking for grass fed bovine gelatine was spurned by reading his article on pigs being fed corn, and what that does to their fat. My pork gelatine is now being used in the bath

Planning to add this to my yogurt in the mornings - figure it will be an easy way to get it in
    Yeah, I never heard of the brand until I saw it mentioned on another forum. LMK how it tastes in yogurt.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Tee
    Tee is offline Senior Member
    I have two containers of it in my pantry. Only used it a couple of times. I actually forgot about it. Hope it's still good.
    Dragonfly, how do you make your "jello."

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    I add it to stews, soups etc if there is no freshly made meat bone stock. Also going to try adding a little to gluten / grain free flour to see if it helps make a decent "pastry".

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    LMK how it tastes in yogurt.
    Will do j3nn

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Yep, use the hydrolyzed (green) in just about anything and the gelatin (pink) to make jello and gummies. Also its actuay really cheap for how much you get. I ordered a case of 8 last year and only on my 3rd.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    I have two containers of it in my pantry. Only used it a couple of times. I actually forgot about it. Hope it's still good.
    Dragonfly, how do you make your "jello."
    Dissolve 2 T of gelatin in a little cold water to make a paste. Mix in 2 c hot water (boiled) and 2 c cold liquid ( water & juice to taste). Let cool & refrigerate. If you don't do juice, you can add a little honey instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast