Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone use Greatlakes Gelatin? page 2

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It's prob cheaper for you guys across the water - I'm getting it shipped to the UK!

Zach, have you noticed any improvement in your skin since starting to supplement with it?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

I can't believe I just spent 31.50 on gelatine.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    It's prob cheaper for you guys across the water - I'm getting it shipped to the UK!

Zach, have you noticed any improvement in your skin since starting to supplement with it?
    Not in skin, no. I use it instead of getting protein from meat sources and have noticed greatly improved digestion, inflammation, flexibility and joint movemet. I also find that i can get almost all my protein from plants and gelatin and still gain muscle so i think that recommend protein intake is greatly exaggerated.

As for you post above, yikes that is expensive!

droogle is offline Junior Member
    I'm confused by what I've recently read about 'excitotoxins', and whether forms of gelatin contain excitotoxins / are excitotoxic, or whether it's merely the case that MSG is often labelled as gelatin in ingredient lists for the sake of concealment.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Pure gelatin is a great supplement and I have noticed several health benefits from using it, especially increased recuperation and less joint pains from lifting...

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by droogle View Post
    I'm confused by what I've recently read about 'excitotoxins', and whether forms of gelatin contain excitotoxins / are excitotoxic, or whether it's merely the case that MSG is often labelled as gelatin in ingredient lists for the sake of concealment.
    Pure gelatin is nothing but amino acids, usually for on the other end of the spectrum from muscle meat. I would guess that other ingrediants would be the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Not in skin, no. I use it instead of getting protein from meat sources and have noticed greatly improved digestion, inflammation, flexibility and joint movemet. I also find that i can get almost all my protein from plants and gelatin and still gain muscle so i think that recommend protein intake is greatly exaggerated.

As for you post above, yikes that is expensive!
    For 31.50 I'm expecting the elixir of eternal youth...

I'm sure a supplement won't disappoint me.

- Ray Peat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12